Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Attn. Rita part 2 rendered antialias in PSP

picnic opened this issue on Feb 11, 2000 ยท 8 posts

picnic posted Fri, 11 February 2000 at 12:51 PM

Rita, I created the figure in Poser 4 against a white background. I saved it as a .tiff (that then automatically has an alpha channel with it--which is basically a 'mask'). What you see in the printscreen is the Poser .tiff image on the right and I have gone up to the selection menu (doesn't matter if you use PSP 5 or 6), then click on 'load alpha channel' and you will get the black and white image you see beside the Poser image. This is the alpha channel/mask that will select the Poser figure. Just click on OK in this. The Poser figure on the right is the result of selecting the figure through clicking OKAY in the select/load alpha channel. You can see the figure is selected without you doing anything else. You can then 'copy' and then 'paste' however you want (I usually 'paste as new layer' on a background). IF--and this is rarely necessary--you feel you are getting just a teeny bit of background and it shows, then while the Poser image is still selected (with 'ants' around it), go to Selection/modify/contract/1 pixel and THEN copy/paste. Does this make sense? It should solve your problem for sure. Diane B