Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Flattening and flattening figure photo to apply to texture template

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on May 28, 2002 ยท 9 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 28 May 2002 at 8:39 PM

Well, that's the best I can describe it in the subject line. To clarify, what needs to be done is to take photos or pictures of a subject and flat map the information - face, body, whatever - (although they're already flat) for easier creation of textures over a texture template. Cake One has a wonderful tutorial for creating your own face as a texture, but even then it is an ungodly amount of work with obvious drawbacks to get all of the information model flattened from 2D pics of 3D information. Suffice it to say, I don't happen to have one of those extremely expensive 3D modelling systems that not only creates 3D objects but imports the textures onto them using a special camera setup. I'm sort of on the cheap, here. What I do have is a Canon PowerShot G2 4.0 Mpixel camera and tripod for live subjects (as compared to using pictures from elsewhere). There is a piece of software that does create 3D objects w/textures from 2D pictures, but not sure how feasible it will be for something as delicate as the human body and, especially, face. My philosophy on this is that in order to create photo or nearly-photo realistic figure renders, the textured image is going to need to be acquired from photographic material (or outsource a company like the one that did the "Final Fantasy" movie for several mil). I know that this is alot to ask, but who else to ask but the best! Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone