Forum: Photoshop

Subject: print double sided

svdf opened this issue on Jun 05, 2002 ยท 8 posts

svdf posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 6:22 AM

can you guys help me i got a problem...i have 2 files that i need for a postcard, one front and one back... but how can i print them so that the front and the back match??? i got a deskjet 720C pronter from HP, is there a solution??

svdf posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 6:24 AM

ps. i got photoshop 7, and i read somewhere that this was a new option there, but i can't find anything about it... :S

retrocity posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 7:37 AM

Maybe what your thinking of is the "Picture Package" feature now available in 7. This lets you create various layouts like (2) 5x7. If your postcard is not larger than that, i'd create one for the front and then stwitch layers around and create one for the back. Print out the "Front" (let them dry) flip em', and print the back. This will let you get "two up" on a page so you don't waste paper. again this is JUST ONE WAY to do it. as with anything, there are differents ways to do anything!!! :)

svdf posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 8:39 AM

no that isn't the problem, you see i can print on 2 sides, but the problem is gtting the corners together, if i print and i look through the paper i see something like on the picture, so how can i change that???

retrocity posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 12:24 PM

When you print do you "check" the Center Image box in the print dialog window? You can also define the "top" and "left" positions as well. Try that on a test and see if it lines up...

svdf posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 2:19 PM

makes no difference...

Slynky posted Wed, 05 June 2002 at 7:33 PM

if you have some page layout software like Quark X-press, or Adove Pagemaker, it makes the whole process fairly easy as far as I can recollect... this was about 2 years ago that i last used either of'em tho, stupid me, gotta relearn that stuff soon...

haloedrain posted Thu, 06 June 2002 at 8:17 PM

change the canvas size to be the size of your paper and line the pictures up as you want them to be when you print