Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Move over Aiko!! (New Product Announcement)

Summfox opened this issue on Jun 16, 2002 ยท 71 posts

Summfox posted Sun, 16 June 2002 at 11:40 AM

Allow me to introduce Yayoi, a brand new character for Victoria 2.0! I've just uploaded her to testing so she should be in the store soon.

Yayoi has been faithfully shaped into a true anime/manga style character. And who better to do it then someone who actually knows their stuff? I absolutely love anime and I'm training myself to become a manga artist in the real world, so you can be sure I know the ins and outs of this style.

Big eyes, small mouth? Sorry, thats not all there is to making a great anime character! Believe it or not, the secret to developing her face was to watch her profile more then anything else! Its about the slope of the nose, the strength of the chin and how far forward the lower half of the face comes out. And when it comes down to it, after all that she's still got to be pretty too.

And you know, an anime character shouldn't have a realistic body - she should have an anime one! Yayoi sports an extremely compressed torso and small waist, with sensitively curved hips and long legs. I also slimmed down her neck and I gave her slightly bigger hands and feet. It might sound strange, but bigger hands and feet recalls how a child is disproportionate, and adds to the overall cuteness of the character.

Included in this package are 4 face files (.fc2), and one MOR (.pz2) file. I wanted to keep things simple! The four faces are basically the same except for some slight variations and I've included them to provide a starting point. The MOR file is for transforming the body.