Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Crashes and file corruption

obfuscate opened this issue on Jul 04, 2002 ยท 3 posts

obfuscate posted Thu, 04 July 2002 at 10:49 PM

Has anybody else encountered an error where it says a texture map can't be loaded, then it says Poser has caused an error in quicktime.qts after is closes or crashes? This happens to me way too often and usually ruins a rather extensive project, as well as corrupted half if not all of the rsr files of everything that's been loaded into the scene. Sure fixing those is easy, but when you have 10+ characters loaded it can get a little annoying remember where every little item is located inteh directories. I'd like to eliminate this altogether and be able to finish my projects.

originalplaid posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 12:19 AM

I occasionally get a corrupted file when I render while having lots of other programs open. It's totally killed my XP system a few times. I am still trying to figure out the best way to avoid this other then closing everything before a render.

hogwarden posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 3:46 AM

This must be deeply irritating! It should give you an opportunity to find the lost textures. As Poser uses Quicktime in loading some texture files, I would suggest that this is a problem with Quicktime and not Poser... try re-installing Quicktime. H:)