Forum: Vue

Subject: Still An Existing Problem With Vue Since Day One . . .

kruzr opened this issue on Jul 05, 2002 ยท 13 posts

kruzr posted Fri, 05 July 2002 at 1:42 PM

Good Morning All . . . 8^) I hate to bother you fine members on this forum, but could someone PLEASE help me out in this matter??? I've contacted e-on several times now in the last few months, but have never received any replies to this problem. In the included image, ( above ), you can see a grey scale .bmp image for testing, created in Photoshop, & underneath is the Vue 4.06 rendered image . . . TERRIBLE. I created a terrain, went into "edit object" & selected "reset", to flatten the terrain. Now I selected, "picture", & choose the grey scale image, above, to apply to the terrain. The result is the rendered image. I've tried several different settings for the bitmap & the terrain, but it just won't work? This has been happening with Vue since the original version 4 was released, & with all the different patches released so far, nothing has corrected the problem. TrueSpace 5 or ZBrush have "0" problems using this or any other grey scale bitmaps, only Vue 4.06. It should be a very simple procedure to correct at e-on, but still the problem exists. Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone here on the forum can help me or not, but I would appreciate any positive suggestions or comments, although I'm sure I've tried everything possible??? If I cannot get rid of this bug, then maybe I'll just put Vue away, until e-on can produce a product that will work for me? Thanks in advance to any who answer & you have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)