Forum: Bryce

Subject: Snow - newbie needs help

Pozest_star opened this issue on Jul 07, 2002 ยท 6 posts

Pozest_star posted Sun, 07 July 2002 at 8:25 AM

Um, I don't know if this is a silly question or not but I', going to ask anyway. I've been using Bryce (4) for a short time, and I was wondering is it possable to make falling or piles of snow or rain in Bryce?

foleypro posted Sun, 07 July 2002 at 8:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.completelyfreesoftware.com

Yes...If you have a paint program just go in and paint a bunch of dots and smudges all over a 1500by1500 jpeg with a black background then import into Bryce thru the Picture Editor into the first window then click on copy in the first window then click on paste in the second window and bamm apply the texture to a torus or sphere then click on the m next to the obj then go in and move the ambience and diffusion settings to 100% then click on the upside down triangle and then make sure the shadow settings are clicked off and the addictive setting clicked..click on the check mark and there you go I use the torus and sphere fr animations all else I will apply to a square or circle...hope this helps if you dont have a paint program go to....www.completelyfreesoftware.com and find Dogwaffle or comparable one...

Aldaron posted Sun, 07 July 2002 at 11:43 AM

There should be a rain material in your "complex fx" presets. Piles of snow can be done with terrains and the snow material.

cshaftoe posted Mon, 08 July 2002 at 5:47 AM

Try looking for .mats in renderosity. I'm sure there's a falling snow one in there.

RussoGraffix posted Thu, 11 July 2002 at 4:43 AM

Ulead has a particle plugin you can use with PaintShop Pro or Photoshop for weather effects. It is what I used to make the rain effect in this photo. It can also do snow.

mboncher posted Fri, 12 July 2002 at 11:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=192650&Start=1&Artist=mboncher&ByArtist=Yes

Check out my picture "Surpise in the Fog" I I created rain by putting a cube in front of the camera to just past the tug boat, putting the rain texture on it to give me a deep feeling of rain. In Photoshop I only used the clone tool , smudge tool and blur tool to break up the predictability of the material and give it a more erratic feel. You probably could get away without the photoshop postwork though if you did your materials right. With some modification, you could probably make it snow.