Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Could use a hand making a smoother/cleaner transmap

whoopdat opened this issue on Jul 07, 2002 ยท 11 posts

whoopdat posted Sun, 07 July 2002 at 8:21 PM

So I'm working on a transmap for the catsuit (yes, Vicki, for the curious) but I've run into a problem. I "cut away" the areas I wanted, but I can't seem to get rid of these jagged edges no matter what I do. I've tried blurring (blur, Gaussian, etc), softening, and such on the edges, but it still looks ugly in a close-up. From far away, it comes out decently, but up close, I'm disgusted. This picture shows my latest attempts (I gave up last night at about 3 am and went to bed). I popped down some stuff and then softened the whole thing, and while I think it helped, I'm still not satisfied with the results. As you can see, up top is what it looks like far away, not too ugly anyway (and just FYI, the cutouts on the sides are not softened at all, but look decent far away...sigh...), and the big picture is nice and close up, while the pattern on the left is a piece from the transmap. So, what am I doing wrong? I've looked at various "lace" transmaps I have and they don't help me much since I'm not going for a lace look, but something more like nylon: small, tight pattern of squares or such. I'd greatly appreciate some pointers, because I really want to get this stupid thing done so I can move on to the texture, and then finally, on to the stupid scene. :) I'm trying not to let the frustration get to me, but it's been rather aggravating. Getting that smooth transition from solid to semi-transparent is killing me.