Forum: Community Center

Subject: flush with what?

hauksdottir opened this issue on Jul 19, 2002 ยท 8 posts

hauksdottir posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 4:18 AM

Getting in here is often difficult, however, at 10pm PDT I shouldn't be crowded out. This was the message: SessSQL: Host '208.138.126.7' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' An electronic version of 'Drain-O'?... or is 'Vanish' a more apt product comparison? CompuServe has ghost bots which go checking the Forums automatically for people who aren't really there but have left a ghost behind because they didn't log out and reset (dropped connection, crashed computer, whatever). Doesn't the Internet proper have something like this? Carolly

Ironbear posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 7:15 AM

There's a small handle on the left side of the server you see, and periodicaly they have to give it a yank and we all go swirling down into oblivion briefly... ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

fur posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 7:27 AM

it automatically flushes people off here every 30 minutes if they haven't been active. not sure what happened to the database last night before we restarted it. someday the server will come back up BAR BAR BAR and i can retire!! Message671414.jpg

kbennett posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 11:20 AM

Instead of the usual BAA BAA Black Sheep presumably fur? ;)

DragonWalk posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 8:18 AM

Gas pains...obstructed servers...a constipated dilemma of circumstances... ...too much food talk in the OT forum...;-)

Entropic posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 3:18 PM

POTATO.

DragonWalk posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 3:27 PM

...radish...

WyldeSnake posted Sat, 20 July 2002 at 11:30 PM

all hail the holy radish...and the heksheyel