Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Eyes In The Final Stage

gsalas opened this issue on Mar 01, 2000 ยท 8 posts

gsalas posted Wed, 01 March 2000 at 9:43 PM

To be releaced in a few days. -Gabe-

JeffH posted Wed, 01 March 2000 at 10:51 PM

Looks excellent. For the "white" of the eye try a light gray with a white highlight.

Eric Walters posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 1:51 AM

I am amazed at what I see! Wonderful work Gabe! I second Allie's question-how big is that texture map? Eric Walters

duesentrieb posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 2:25 AM

I simply can't wait! I hope the eyes can be scaled, in contrast to the original Poser eyes.

Eric Walters posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 3:35 AM

Hi Duesentribe The poser eyes CAN be scaled. Simply open element properties and turn of the "bend checkbox". I have scaled eyes for many a character with Poser3. Now that I have a website maybaps I oughta post some of em! Eric Walters

LoboUK posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 5:24 AM

Now that's scary good. I agree with the comments about the "whites" being a slightly odd colour but these are about 1000 times better than the standard Poser eyes. Paul

gsalas posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 10:49 AM

Ok ally, are you ready for this? The texture map is 7000 x 7000, and Will eventialy be up for sale on my web sight. (The websight I have up is acualy prity bad at the moment, but at leas it gives an idea of some of the 3D work I've done, there is a better one on the way, but this one is temporary.) I am trying to see if 3D work can become my primary income, and retire from model photography. The eye will be a free download for a few days, then will be up for sale for $10 after that. (I'll make sure that there is enough warning for you guys while it's free, it's just that I dedicated too much time on it to justify having it a permanant freeby.) I also have Eye lashes in work and other stuff, but that is off subject. I'm having trouble with the whites, do to lighting. The side of the eyes are white, but depending on the lighting can be a complete shadow, this image is work in progress, and hopfuly the lighting will be better when done. I still need to put a brow and lashes on it too. I'll have the eye up for download soon, I just have to get the web sight stuff cleaned up first. I also look forward to seeing what uses you guys come up with for it. -Gabe-

Eric Walters posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 3:04 PM

Thanks alot Gabe I can understand. Most of my art I have given away or done for friends or just for the joy of it. But it IS such an expensive hobby! Yikes! I have sold some of it, particularly some large abstracts. But I dont seem to have grasped the essentials of the sales process. Good luck! Eric Walters