Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Can someone please help me make WORD BALOONS??????

3DSprite opened this issue on Mar 02, 2000 ยท 5 posts

3DSprite posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 12:41 PM

Okay, might sound strange, and maybe I should already know this cause it's probably real easy, but I don't?? Anybody care to explain?? Do I use one of the lasso tools for this?? I have seen some real nifty word balloons on renderings so I know this can be done with style and flare?! I need them for making a comic and they gotta look professional? ~3D ;-)

pam posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 2:16 PM

well, there are probabaly a hundred ways to do it, but what I would do is open a new layer, use the lasso to capture the shape, use selection smooth to take out the hand shake wiggles, fill it with white, and stroke it with black. anyone else?

BazGibb posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 4:02 PM

yep, I would make a new layer, use the elipse selection tool and fill it with white. I would then use the line selection tool to make the "pointy" bit at any angle you choose. Then, fill it with whit also. Deselect all and make sure you fill the complete balloon in with white several times to get rid of any jaggies.

Traveler posted Thu, 02 March 2000 at 5:19 PM

http://www.piekosarts.com/blambotfonts/ Go there. He has two packs of them pre-made in all kinds of shapes in EPS format :) Grab the cool comic fonts while you are there too :) -Trav

3DSprite posted Fri, 03 March 2000 at 12:42 AM

Thanks for all the info folks!!!! ;-) This helps!