Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Coming soon to freestuff - Arabian horse morph

kaciasea opened this issue on Jul 23, 2002 ยท 22 posts

kaciasea posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 3:32 AM

Hi everyone... I've been working on an Arabian horse morph & texture for quite some time now and have it almost completed (few more tweaks) and as soon as I can figure out how to upload it as a legally distributable file, I'll make it available in the freestuff area. I use the horse a lot in my renders, and was tired of having to do so much postwork to that default Poser horse to make it look the way I wanted. So anyway, I did the best morph, magnet & scaling job I could and this is the result. What do you think?

Anyone know if CL is revamping the horse (or any other animal) in Poser 5? I sure hope so!

:)
Kacia

TrekkieGrrrl posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 4:50 AM

Looks really cool :o) And morphs should be ok to upload, as far as I'm concerned.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Little_Dragon posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 5:47 AM

It should be safe to distribute the morphs in a CR2. You won't even have to strip it down, since the default Poser horse doesn't have any morphs.

I'm sure that Curious Labs will revamp the animals for Poser 5. They've been with us since Poser 3, after all. That hair tool alone should give us perfect manes, tails, and fetlocks.

Earlier this month, I spent a long weekend upgrading the Poser horse with all the wonderful freebies provided by this community. LisaB's horse-with-long-curls, morphs by Jelisa, TygerCub, and Jackie Lewin, bloodsong's horse mouth parts ... the list goes on and on.

I thank you and all the others who have worked to make the Poser horse worth using.

hauksdottir posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 6:08 AM

Hard to believe that is the same animal! I'd make the legs a bit shorter (modern breeders are trying to get a "taller" horse, and it is a serious mistake) and the dish in the nose a little less pronounced at the bend, but those are small quibbles compared to what you've accomplished. Thank you! Carolly

movida posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 6:57 AM

reminds me of Ruminaja Ali...very nice, thank you very much

davidm posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 7:28 AM

Wow! Really nice, and great texture too! :-) Dave :-)

TMGraphics posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 9:05 AM

That morph looks great! Hope you don't mind me posting a few Arabian horse pictures :P I love these beasts!

TMGraphics posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 9:05 AM

Another Arabian horse

TMGraphics posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 9:06 AM

Another...

TMGraphics posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 9:07 AM

Last one ... Thanks for making a morph for the Arabian horse look!

Daio posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 10:02 AM

My Arabian stallion - not nearly as nicely groomed or posed as the ones above but he was east coast western pleasure champion twice in a row back in 1989-90. He still doesn't look bad for being 20 years old. And yes, he is a true black.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

davidm posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 10:21 AM

Nice pictures everyone! That little foal is so cute! Thanks again Kacia! You've done an amazing job with the Poser horse! :-) Dave :-)

saxon posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 12:17 PM

Tomorrow's Cob day at the Royal Welsh Show, I'll see if I can get some nice pics, think you'll be impressed...

kaciasea posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 12:44 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments -- the dish face can be less pronounced depending on how you set the morph dial - But it might be that the white blaze is blending in with the background, making the dish seem more pronounced than it is. I'll have to check that and maybe add another morph for a different head type.

So I should be ok just to upload the CR2? Cool. I will probably have it ready to upload tonight sometime.

Daio, I LOVE black Arabians! What's his breeding? (In the 80's I was in the business, but that's a whole 'nother story...) Since you posted a pic of your stallion, I couldn't resist posting one of my gelding. He was just a wee lad in the picture, he's 16 now. =)

Kacia

Daio posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 1:03 PM

He's Crabett and old Egyptian - the black color coming from Fadl on his dam's side. His head and neck is not as typy as I'd like but his disposition, gaits and legs are hard to beat.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Daio posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 1:08 PM

Oh and I've got an Arabian foal morph on my site www.pierianpiaffe.com that's agod complement to this.

TMGraphics posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 2:51 PM

This is the father of my brothers Arabian horse. She is almost 3 and will be ready for breeding soon!

Lyrra posted Tue, 23 July 2002 at 2:53 PM

Anthing you can do to make his butt ... ummm.. prettier? more rounded? horses have this lovely rounded curve on their butt and back leg - DaVinci loved drawing it :) And the poser horse is kinda .. deficient there. Great work on the morph :)

movida posted Wed, 24 July 2002 at 1:55 AM

Lyrra: Arabs are bred to be flat over the croup area, DaVinci was a little early for it g

Lyrra posted Wed, 24 July 2002 at 3:54 AM

well I'm not conversant with the specs for arabs - but the horse photo in post #8 has the curve I'm speaking of. Even if not for this project, if somone could make that morph the poser horse would look more elegant IMHO (still needs lots of worker, but nicer)

Talos posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 8:44 PM

Looks very handsome! My dad tells me the standard Poser horse is to tubby in the tummy area.

kaciasea posted Thu, 25 July 2002 at 9:15 PM

Lyrra - the mesh for the Poser horse has somewhat of the curve you are talking about, but the model is indeed lacking in overall musculature. I did the best I could with my current skills. But I do plan on modeling a horse from scratch in the not too distant future. I just have a little learning curve to climb first. =)

Daio, your foal is so cute!! Great job! Nice texture too.

Kacia