Forum: Animation

Subject: Animators and compositors needed- this is SERIOUS!!!

Micheleh opened this issue on Jul 31, 2002 ยท 2 posts

Micheleh posted Wed, 31 July 2002 at 12:03 AM

Remember when I posted about needing animators and compositors to present to the president of SuShann productions? Well, things are getting SERIOUS. I have been corresponging with Mr. Hatch over the last few days, and he has sent me the agreements, and wants to meet and negotiate. He is offering enormous incentives in lieu of salary to start (this guy is very well connected) and salaries are possible when he starts hiring a staff. Here is an excerpt from one of our letters: "We promise several things to everyone aside from the release form promises. Everyone can use their work in their own presentation reel. Second if there work is used in the final trailer they will obviously get credit in addition to a writeup and link from our page to theirs. Third they will get the mentoring from some very talented CGI guys along with my feedback to help them push their work to new levels. Fourth this is the best way for me to really see someones abilities and work ethic so I know who I would like to go to when we're going into production and hiring. Fifth their work will be seen by industry professionals all over the world including some of the top companies in the US. Last but not least I always promote talented people to other producers and directors who are looking for gifted CGI people." I need, plainly, the best of the best who want to be included in my presentation. I will be making a hardcopy "resumes" folder, as well as a cd for amilation smaples. I will present this at dragon*Con in person. What do I need? Animators and compositors are tops, plus he need sets, and to design at least one alien species. Another excerpt: "I need people who can build realistic and believable looking animated backplates for compositing live action scenes with. I need people who can model both existing and original ship designs and futuristic city designs. I have a story board already created for the city design but am always open to new ideas. I need artists who are really gifted at animating. One of the areas that is also in need of attention is creating and animating creatures and human beings. Maya is really good for that. We have some beginning designs for the Kabba species but haven't really created them yet. I would love to include them in the trailer but it not designed and used correctly they always come off cheezy. We're working mostly in 3D Studio Max but if someone did a complete sequence in another format that would be fine. The problem is they would have to take our existing ship models and designs and rebuild them in whatever format they decided to use. We have a few artist doing just that. We're creating what I believe to be a very unique and visually and dramatically impacting series. Most of the artists who have come on board with us have been frustrated for years because they have never been given the chance to do their best work. I want to create a place where the artist is respected and valued and where we can all inspire each other to create things the world has never seen before. Theres nothing better than building a very powerful presentation that blows people away." Who wouldn't want to be part of that? Write me- micheleh@renderosity.com. I need to know who you are, what you use and do, and where I can see samples which you may want used for the presentation- images and animations. Thanks! Michelle (moderator)