Forum: Photography

Subject: Macro Flower 2

surgeon opened this issue on Aug 10, 2002 ยท 5 posts

surgeon posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 3:40 PM

Wish I had a real macro lens rather than a group of macro filters for this one. Waiting for your comments...

Michelle A. posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 8:04 PM

Hmmm.....well I love the colors...but it is so blurry. What are you using for macro filters?

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

surgeon posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 4:33 AM

I used 3 Cozo macrofilters for this one (3x,2x,1x). This was a handhold shot, too. Maybe a minor blow of wind made me to take it out of focus, I don't know. Thank you for your comment.

Antoonio posted Mon, 12 August 2002 at 2:36 AM

I like this too, but that blurryness spoils it a bit. Would be perfect if center would be sharp. .n

picnic posted Mon, 12 August 2002 at 8:18 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pbase.com/image/1971510

I agree--the blurriness spoils it a bit. Do you have a tripod??--or could you, next time, find a way to steady the camera? Its really difficult to stay steady for a macro--just the process of pushing the shutter may be enough to cause 'shake' in the photo.

Here's a macro with a Hoya closeup filter/lens on my E10 this Spring. I used a tripod and don't think I could have gotten the exposure--nor the DOF and detail without a tripod. (Good grief--its a macro again--not really my thing, but I realized that and florals is all I've posted LOL).

Diane

Diane