Forum: Challenge Arena

Subject: Aug / Sept Challenge....

RimRunner opened this issue on Aug 11, 2002 ยท 39 posts

RimRunner posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 5:35 PM

To try and avoid the problem I had last month... where I thought the winner wasn't interested in posting a challenge... I have given July's winner more time to respond to the e-mails.
Alas... no response. :(

So while Pidjy did win July's challenge... we've already lost two weeks of August waiting for their post.

So... I will go ahead and start this one off... and because of the lost weeks, and the possible complexity, this challenge will go until September 25th. At Mid-night (Eastern time), we'll start the voting.

So... without further a due...

Theme: Concept Vehicles.
Constraints:
Must be original vehicles
(if you dont model, you can use a purchased and/or obtained model in a complete scene).
Must meet the ground (hover craft and low altitude flyers are ok) at least some of the time. Taking a hint from Ray Tracy in Full Tilt (http://www.menithings.com/video/FullTilt/Video_Tilt_01.html)

Can be modeled, drawn, and rendered in anything you choose.
While not a required, inclusion in a scene wouldnt hurt. ;)

So
what do you think the 2030 Ducati will look like?
Will cars actually fly (ala Back to the Future) in a few years and what will the roads look like?

For those of you keeping track... yup. I tried this near the beginning of July as well.
You can repost your entry from there in this thread (or in the Challenge Gallery.. with a link in the thread).

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.