Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lighting Project: Finally figured it out for P4

PheonixRising opened this issue on Aug 15, 2002 ยท 18 posts

PheonixRising posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 6:46 AM

Hi there, Some of you might remember that a few months back I was working again on figuring out crisp lighting with all the softness of global shadows. Those test lights were put and are still in FreeStuff. I saw a post today talking about the dork and the P5 renders. I thought "he's not a dork, we just never used good settings and textures on him." So that made me think that Poser lighting couldn't be impossible. All the properties exist to customize the lights to comphensate for the renderer. We just never knew the right settings. From working with magazine photographers it always bothered me that many renderers desaturate with global lighting and shadows. Now I think I know why. I needed a global for the new hair models that are coming. Existing global light desaturate. I think the problem stemmed from to much underlighting, which doesn't exist in the real world, and too many roaming shadows poluting the scene with black. The combination of excess black and too much ambient white was creating grey murkiness. Also the dark shadows suggest the lighting is bright, but if there isn't enough filler light light areas of the maps appear grey because they are not fully lit. Lights will be coming both alone and bundled with products like hair. Regards, Anton anton@daz3d.com Vicki 2.O against white wearing one of the V3 maps(Vannila). No post. Hair WIP

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer