Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: POSER 5 SPECIAL EDITIONS!! ORDER NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO GET ONE!

starlet opened this issue on Aug 20, 2002 ยท 81 posts

starlet posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 8:45 PM

Howdy! Us at Curious Labs have decided to offer you, yes you, the opportunity to own a special edition of Poser 5, autographed by the entire US team along with some other great prizes!! We will be giving away a special edition autographed copy, a Curious Labs sweatshirt and a copy of Mimic (which is Poser 5 compatible) to the #1, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, and 500th orders for Poser 5 to come through the US store before noon tomorrow (Wednesday). The #1 guy has already been chosen, but rush now for your chance at the other prizes. Pre-Order your copy of Poser 5 now at www.curiouslabs.com! (European sales will be available towards the end of the week!!) Winners will be notified directly! GO POSER! Tori cl

starlet posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 8:48 PM

that's noon PST. :)

Bobasaur posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:03 PM

This sounds great. Can Mac orders be placed as well (with the understanding that our release date is still TBD)?

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Flak posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:04 PM

So whats Kupa doing with his prize for being #1? :D

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

starlet posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:05 PM

Sorry, this is for the current presale only, we hope to have similar promotions for our european and mac sales!!

kupa posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:07 PM

I am number 2. Who is number 1? Kupa

timoteo1 posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.holograms.cc

I think you should have holographic cover editions later on. ;-) Ok, maybe for Poser 6.

Flak posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:10 PM

"I am number 2. Who is number 1? Kupa " As all eye's turn to starlet...

Digital WasteLanD

JDexter posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:11 PM

Well, I pre-ordered it, even though there is no release date (never done that before) Be careful when you order though, something wonky is up with the site. If you create a new user account, it drops your order out of the cart, luckily it took the serial # again when I went through and actually was able to order it. Also at one time during the process the shopping cart on the upper left said I had an e version of propack in the cart. But it is ordered according to the receipt, so I am hoping there won't be any issues. So, when is the release date? I can't wait! JDexter

starlet posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:14 PM

before september 15

starlet posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:15 PM

...and definitely not #1, more like #18...although the #1 guy is a Stephan...

JDexter posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:16 PM

Yeah, I just now saw it. Must have missed it in my purchase frenzy! ;) JDexter

Flak posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:20 PM

... can someone run a check on starlet's family for the name "stephan" - just saw that helicopter she can now afford for ducking down to the corner store in and am getting slightly suspicious ...

Digital WasteLanD

Little_Dragon posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:21 PM

My order didn't fall out of the cart when I created a new account. Maybe your cart has a hole in it? :)

How about a gold-foil-embossed lenticular cover, instead?
Or multiple covers with different art on each? Collect 'em all!

(Yes, I do read comic books. Why do you ask?)

timoteo1 posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:27 PM

Just some friendly criticism ... it sounds like your order center is being beta'd on us. (Which is just fine by me, especially since we're ordering P5.) And it appears your correcting things as you hear about them, so that is doubly-good. But it could be hurting sales marginally. Here are some other things I noticed:

Good luck and godspeed!

wdupre posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:29 PM

well I just placed my order, I predict my mail man is going to dispise me by september 15th

milamber42 posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:35 PM

Unless it has changed from the email I got earlier today from Tori, I was the first to place an order. :-) But I already have Mimic, but a back up copy would not be bad, since Lips copy protected the CD.

Jackson posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:48 PM

When did the order line open? The email confirmation for my order is time stamped 10:23 pm, EST and my order number is 102761! That's gotta be some kinda record.

sirkrite posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:57 PM

Okay! Why do I keep geeting this? ************************************************************ Browser Encryption Notice Our customers that use older versions of internet browsers need to have 128-bit encryption loaded. Customers who currently use older versions most likely only have 56-bit encryption. You will be unable to proceed without this upgrade. Please download the latest available version of your preferred browser with 128-bit encryption. This is to assist in protecting your privacy and information. ************************************************************ I have IE6 with 128 encrytion. :(

timoteo1 posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 9:58 PM

That's probably a somewhat arbitary number ... business don't usually start out with 001. And it probably takes into account all of there orders before the release, dating back until when the store opened. And even with that, they could have started with 100000. Who knows? But 102761 in a few hours would be all butt impossible.

timoteo1 posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 10:00 PM

I believe it's just a general notice ... it should not impede your ordering. Everyone probably sees that notice.

milamber42 posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 10:11 PM

My order number was greater than 102600 and my confirmation email is time stamped 6:35 CST. If I tell the exact number, then I might spoil the suprise for the rest of the winners.

Concord posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 10:26 PM

Based on my order number and the time relative to Jackson, CL was getting about 20 orders per hour at 10:30 PM Eastern. They're probably around 50 about now.

starlet posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 10:36 PM

A few things... The order numbers you get are from ALL of the orders at our store...not JUST Poser 5, which is the only thing that counts towards this little here contest...so milamber, your disclosure of your order number will not assist in predicting our winners. 8) And your prize is Mimic to do with as you wish...but if you could actually email me your sweatshirt size tomorrow that would be great! (service@curiouslabs.com) Yes, everyone sees that broswer encryption notice, you will get a page not found error if you actually have a browser encryption issue. We started taking orders at 4:35 PST today. Timoteo, I have spoken with the webmaster and actually gone through the steps myself and have been unable to recreate many of your issues. Our store was actually installed last October and has been working smoothly since taking hundreds of orders for product with little snag. I'm sorry you had some issues, what we've been doing is try to put up more information to make the workflow clearer which is what you may have seen me comment on earlier. It's great to have your feedback, especially when someone else experiences similar things, it is easier to identify a pattern. I hope you were able to place your order, if not, please email me at service@curiouslabs.com and I can work with you directly. :) Jdexter, The reason why you had to add it to your cart after creating a new user account was so that you were able to use your serial number again after logging in. As you can see on another thread here, your serial number can only be used once, this protects it from being marked used until you checkout. I can't wait to email all the winners tomorrow. YAY. This is so flippin' exciting folks!! tori

ronmolina posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:12 PM

sirkrite I had the same problem then came in with netscape and it worked. All my software is updated weekly. Ron

lordbyron posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:28 PM

Got mine...(Or rather I've ordered mine.) Damn semantics! Takes all the fun out of infantile bragging. Now I wanna win the prize (even if I already own Mimic. Oh well I'll give it away. I just wanna win.) Competition for P5 brings out the worst in me. Gimme, gimme. lol. --lb

pokeydots posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:35 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaa! The store won't let me login, now what do I do Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, is there a number I can call to order poser 5?

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

starlet posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:36 PM

pokeydots, please email me at service@curiouslabs.com RIGHT NOW. I am checking email from home since I love you all so much...so lemme see what I can do for you...why won't it let you login?

pokeydots posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:43 PM

I couldn't remember my password, and it sent a new one and that didn't work, so I asked for another one and it wouldn't work! So I didn't know what to do! What do you need me to e mail to you, and I will send it right out :) And God Bless you!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

starlet posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:44 PM

email me your user id and your real name and give me the email address you registered under. tori

pokeydots posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:46 PM

Will do, Thank you :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

pokeydots posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:50 PM

tori, I sent the e mail you should be getting it :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

sirkrite posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:51 PM

starlet, I'm having the same log in problem. :(

ronmolina posted Tue, 20 August 2002 at 11:58 PM

Try netscape. Ron

starlet posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 12:01 AM

I emailed you back. I reset your password, let's see if that works.

Lucy_Fur posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 12:39 AM

She just bought it for me ;) Woohoo!

VirtualSite posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 12:40 AM

We will be giving away a special edition autographed copy, a Curious Labs sweatshirt and a copy of Mimic (which is Poser 5 compatible) to the #1, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, and 500th orders for Poser 5 to come through the US store before noon tomorrow (Wednesday). This is gonna sound bitchy, but..... Windows only on this offer. How nice. You guys better come up with something pretty damn good for us Mac users. Frankly, I find it a little -- no, scratch that, a lot annoying that the Mac version is being delayed (remembering how long it took LipSinc to get it together for a Mac version of Mimic), and I'm starting to fear that it's gonna be OSX exclusive. Can we at least be reassured that it'll be 9.x compatable as well? And is there any projected release date for it, like some time this year?

timoteo1 posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 1:02 AM

Wa-wa-wa-wa! Yeah, you're right it sounds beyond, bitchy ... it sounds down right winey. But I should be used to it coming from a Mac user. [Slipping in to flame-retardent suit.] Not all Mac users are this way (thank God!), but there are enough of them that it really gets on my nerves. However, it's about 100 times worse in the gaming scene. The Mac version is delayed because they actually want to make money first. Give them a break, there acting no differently than just about every other software company on the planet. Be thankful there IS a Mac version for pete's sake. And Virtual, aren't you used to it by now?? The list of software that is NOT and WILL NOT be available for Mac is huge, and getting bigger every day. I was stunned that Mimic came out, albeit TWO YEARS later, for the Mac at all. With Poser it makes much more sense I suppose. I can live with the constant whining of Mac users, but not when the same person writes in another thread "From the website: $179 - Poser 4 Mac... to Poser 5 Win. Okay, we'll excuse such a heinous gaffe if you agree that when the Mac version is released, we'll have access to the same deal. Mac to Win -- I don't think so......... The whole "Mac's are on a higher plane than Windows-based systems" is absurb, especially now. It's down right laughable. Why don't you get it over with, buy yourself a PC with Win2K, and with all the money you'll save from not buying an overpriced Mac, you can afford a lot more software. And you can actually get software within a few days, instead of years (or not at all), of it's release. I'm sure this will start a PC vs. Mac war, unfortunately, but I just get really fed up with reading post's like Virtual's and not saying anything. The snide remarks from Mac users seem to be overlooked, but god-forbid you say anything detrimental (yet factual) about a Mac around here. Okay, venting switched to off ... suit remaining on. -Tim

-Waldo- posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 1:10 AM

Huh ? I think I know who is #1 guy ;) Waldoo

shadowcat posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 1:25 AM

boohoo, must wait, no loose change lying around this month, boohoo. a very sad shadowcat indeed. ah well, At least I'll have the money before sept 15th. ::crosses fingers::

DgerzeeBoy posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 1:55 AM

timeoteo: Use you brains and apply a little consideration here. If the situation were reversed: a long-awaited Poser 5, released for Mac only, with Windows users put on hold indefinitely, do you really believe you'd feel any differently than virtualsite. Would you resist posting your opinion about it? Would you be pissed?

Now as for Macs being on a higher plane..well, they are. Get over it. No Mac user is going to buy a piece of crap PC running the ridiculous Windows OS, just to get Poser 5 right now. I'll gladly wait.

VirtualSite posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 2:03 AM

Gosh, Tim, why, of course you're right! How stupid of me! Darn, I hate it when that happens! Look, sunshine, I'm not the one who put anything on a "higher" level than anything else -- I suggest you look in the mirror for that one. For the record, I work on both platforms, but I do the bulk of my work on a Mac -- as do a lot of other people around here. You don't like it? Big hairy fat deal. Go keep Gates financially secure, but spare me the whining about MS the next time they issue yet another "well, it almost works!", half-assed, defective OS that you fork over big bucks for. That's your choice, Pumpkin, not mine. Think I sound whiny? Again, big fat hairy deal. Get over yourself. Can't stand posts like mine? Don't read them and save yourself a lot of aggravation, okay?

pokeydots posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 2:50 AM

Yes!!! I got my order in :) Used netscape as suggested and login worked fine!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

timoteo1 posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 2:58 AM

Mark: I'm so glad, you'll "gladly wait." And that's my point ... shut up and wait. Why complain about it ... you've made you OS choice ... accept the fact that a lot of software is not available for the Mac and never will be. And for a lot of dual platform software, the Mac release will come later ... sometimes years later. (You've obviously realized this, but Mac users like Virtualsite apparently have not.) No, I wouldn't be pissed because I would realize this is the norm and always will be the norm, and I would have convinced myself with the dillusion that Macs are somehow superior to PCs, even though they do less, cost more, and now occupy less than 5% of the computer market (and dwindling). I'd justify the extraordinary wait for software releases and unavailability of software with the notion that it was easier to use and less buggy, while happily clicking away with my mouse witha single button. Or maybe, hell yeah, I'd be pissed that there was so much great software out there that I can't use, and maybe I'd finally wake up and realize I could buy two blazing Windows machines that are rock solid, deliver more productivity for my dollar, which would allow me to lower the prices I charge my clients for work. And hey, I'd even have a real mouse and an OS that took advantage of it! Virtual: I use both OS's as well, and used Macs exclusively when I trouble-shot at Goddard. It's personal preference. WIN2K is ROCK SOLID ... simply one of the best OS's on the planet. If Windows 3.1 was still the going Win OS, and not 2K and XP, I might agree with you. I didn't pay big bucks for it, it has yet to crash, and it outperforms any MacOS on every level, including cost/productivity ratios. (I don't care about Bill Gates, and I won't jump on the let's hate Bill Gates because he is a zillionaire and we're jealous. He produced something that works and is wildly popular, and has created thousands of jobs. Good for him.) -Tim PS> It's kind of hard not to read a post, if you know what I mean. It's not like there is a warning that says "Typical, whiney, Mac-tantrum ahead, avert eyes to avoid risk of nausea and disgust."

VirtualSite posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 3:19 AM

It's kind of hard not to read a post Then I suggest you learn the art. It's not that difficult. Apply yourself. I'm sure you're capable.

Eowyn posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 3:59 AM

Uhm, seems to me the mac folks should learn how to read ;) starlet wrote: Sorry, this is for the current presale only, we hope to have similar promotions for our european and mac sales!! I'm European but you don't see me bitching about having to wait... :P

HaiGan posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 4:03 AM

"I am number 2. Who is number 1? Kupa " I'm a name, not a number! (Okay, so how many people will actually recognise the quote?)

crisjon1950 posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 4:07 AM

"Us at Curious Labs have decided to offer you, yes you, the opportunity to own a special edition of Poser 5, autographed by the entire US team along with some other great prizes!!" OK, so let me be the dummy here, just what US Team are we talking about? A sports team? What sport?! As for Mac vs PC: hey, you guys should be used to that problem by now. It's funny, awhile ago I even went to the Mac forum and asked for info on Macs because I was seriously thinking of trying to buy one. That little trip was less than productive, and I have yet another reason to be glad I have a PC.

cooler posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 4:14 AM

Patrick Mc Goohan... The Prisoner. "I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."

shadowcat posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 4:15 AM

Hey I didn't know that Kupa was Robert Wagner.. "I am number 2. Who is number 1? Kupa " I suppose that makes Waldo Dr.Evil?

timoteo1 posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 4:20 AM

That would be the development team. A Kupa signature would be sublime. I could add it to my geeky collection, which includes a personally signed copy of Gunship for the Commodore-64 by the designer. ;)

SAMS3D posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 4:50 AM

Well I don't know what number I am, wish I knew but it really doesn't matter, the prize is POSER 5 for me....got my order this morning. Logged off the computer early yesterday, and must have just missed the post. But like I said Poser 5 is going to be here soon. Sharen :-) :-)

xvcoffee posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 4:53 AM

Can I upgrade my upgrade?

c1rcle posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 5:30 AM

neat competition guys :) I'm counting the minutes till I can order my copy, I gotta wait till the weekend cause I'm in the UK, but at least now I know I'm finally going to get my hands on Poser5 :)))) Rob

crisjon1950 posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 5:31 AM

OK, so what will be autographed? Will it be the box, the manual, the CD?! Will it be suitable for framing? Can we get 8x10 glossies too?!

xvcoffee posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 7:52 AM

From what I see in this and in other forums a lots of us are going to have to wait.

brycetech posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 9:17 AM

If you'll send me a framable picture of Anne-Marie, I'll buy the 1st 500 myself oh wait, she's from DAZ...so I guess I'll just buy one

VirtualSite posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 9:33 AM

if you have the virtual PC program for mac, you can run windows programs Not true, sorry. The Windoze Mimic, for example, will not run under Virtual PC.

pdxjims posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 11:19 AM

Put my order in! Now, I've got to see if I won before I order Mimic from Daz. Probably too late too win (9:15 PST), that's what I get for sleeping in! I tried to get next day air on shipping, but it kept kicking me out. Ah well, at least I got my order in and now I just have to wait...

jkm posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 11:21 AM

Number 1 was Commander William Riker. Number 1b was his transporter clone Lt. Thomas Riker. Didn't you guys ever watch Star Trek: The Next Generation? :)

c1rcle posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 11:34 AM

no Number 1 was patrick McGoohan or it could have been the gorilla who was also Number 2 or was it Number 42? Rob

timoteo1 posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 12:19 PM

Ditto on the Anne-Marie, Brycetech, she is a cute little thing isn't she? It seems like most of the featured artists (or sellers) here on R'osity are major hotties as well (as I believe you have pointed out before) ... what the heck is going on?!? It's like an invasion. Oh, well ... I'm not complaining. Brains, creativity, and beautiful ... what's the catch? ;-)

c1rcle posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 12:25 PM

they're all spoken for, I haven't seen a pic of Anne-Marie can anyone direct me to one? or even to a pic of Tori. Rob

timoteo1 posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 12:42 PM

they're all spoken for, Yeah, well so am I, but I can appreciate their total cuteness can't I? ;-) You can see some pics of Anne-Marie on DAZ's site. Look at the SIGGRAPH pics. There was a great shot of her when they were selling the DAZ T-shirts I believe. Not sure if it's still there. Who's Tori?

c1rcle posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 12:46 PM

starlet, the one who started this thread :) I think they need to do a Babes of CL calendar ;) Rob

-Waldo- posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 12:25 AM

Hey guys, I was the first customer who ordered first copy of Poser 5 through academic school program before anyone else in normal marketing. Tori responded to my email about my claiming first prize. She said that I am not eligible for "order contest" because of academic and that she only could track the orders on their On-Line store. I understand her situation and especially marketing strategy they want to make good revenue for developing Poser and future versions. They have developed many new tools in Poser 5 and they deserve our respect. I would not complain about not eligible for "On-Line Shop Order Contest" Tori deserves an apology. If abuse continues, she might not establish another online contest because of it. For your reminder, Poser 5 might be worth more than a thousand dollars compared to Character Studio for 3D Max and other softwares. Be happy that Poser 5 is out and exist at lowest cost. Waldoo

c1rcle posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 2:35 AM

funny I'm not complaining about the contest, I think it's great even tho I'm not eligible as I'm in the UK, I'm looking forward to seeing who the winners are & their reactions to being the winners. Winners will one of you please scan the autographed part & post it so we can all see it :) Rob

starlet posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 12:47 PM

ya all know we have a staff picture up under the company info on our website right?

c1rcle posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:01 PM

no I forgot :) ok I've got it on screen now, who's who in the pic? Rob

emaleth posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:15 PM

I think Tori was wearing yellow that day. ;) Sorry Tor... just couldn't resist. Karen- CL

c1rcle posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:19 PM

hehehe not that it matters really cause all the girls in that pic are gorgeous, thanks Karen :) Rob

emaleth posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:25 PM

Haven't you heard that Kupa only hires gorgeous, intelligent women? It's his secret strategy to eventually have a this company domniated by women in power. Just kidding.... he really just likes to look at our boobs. ;)

timoteo1 posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:31 PM

The one where you guys are all standing outside in front of a gigantic P5 box, right? How about a rundown (left to right) of who's who? :) -Tim

c1rcle posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:34 PM

that's something we have in common then ;) mmmmmm boobs. my best Homer Simpson impression ;) Rob

emaleth posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:44 PM

Hmmm, yeah I think that most men must have that in common. Ok... I'll do a rundown, but then I better get back to work. Standing up - Rylan, Hugh, Marc, Helyn, Brian, Fish, Stacey, Al, Jack Sitting down (middle)- Tori, Joe Sitting down (front) - Shen, Larry, Kupa, Karen, Rose, Steve

Nosfiratu posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 2:11 PM

MISSING: Nosfiratu

emaleth posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 2:17 PM

Oh DARN! We forgot Anthony! He really hates being left out. But he lives/works offsite so often misses out on the fun stuff (we actually plan it that way as a form of punishment for living far away ;)). Sorry Tony... I was going to mention your name, but then just kept to the folks in the pic.

Nosfiratu posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 2:18 PM

LOL

c1rcle posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 2:20 PM

I was wondering :) well apart from gorgeous ladies in the pic all the guys have that "lets get this over with so we can get off down the pub" look. Rob

xvcoffee posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 9:31 PM

Anyone here be wanting QuickTime support? (RADFC)

sittingblue posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 10:59 AM

Well folks, I was one of the lucky ones. I was really blown away by the e-mail from CL saying I won the special edition. Plus, they upgraded my shipping to next-day! I'm very happy with CL.

Charles