Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Historical Clothing for Mike 2_ Naval Uniform Set_coming soon

noggin opened this issue on Aug 25, 2002 ยท 24 posts

noggin posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 9:12 AM

Almost ready for upload, a set of conforming clothing for Michael 2. The set includes 3 texture sets. Included with the set are breeches/ waistcoat with attached undershirt and ruff/ Dress coat with lace shirt sleeves attached/ buckled shoes/ poseable Pigtail wig/ Naval hair/Epaulettes/ Nelson's medals. All variations are applyable via supplied MAT poses. Also available a texture set add-on for 4 civilian Dress coat sets.

spook posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 4:08 PM

looking forward to this! well done.

kayjay97 posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 7:13 PM

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love this!!! I am really looking forward to it. I am so glad clothing items like this are being made!!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

RICHARD posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 10:09 PM

great looking stuff,how about a simliar texture to make a pirate capt look like henery morgan?red an gold jacket instead of navy.also black pant an boots.maybe a gold chain necklace with sharktooth.also a black hat with gold trim a skull & crossbones on it?

noggin posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 3:20 AM

Nice idea Richard_ I'll have a go at that perhaps. Shouldn't be much work_ just a texture set and a figure/prop for the necklace. One for the 'free stuff' section I think. Do you know of any pictures of Henry Morgan I could use as a basis? (forgive my ignorance!)Otherwise he'll be a generic pirate!

kayjay97 posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 3:40 AM

Here is one I found. Seems to be the only one out there.

Jerry McCant

kayjay97 posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 3:41 AM

and here is another in sketch type

Jerry McCant

noggin posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 4:01 AM

Great!! Nice pics. The uniform won't be quite right but I could work on a texture to give a general impression. The hair I'm afraid might be beyond me at present! Thanks all for the feedback_ glad you like the stuff. Its my first attempt at conforming clothing (my field being mostly natural history models) I got the Osprey book of Nelson's Navy costumes and just had to have a go! I'll post here once they come out of testing in to the market place. Thanks again.

nikitacreed posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 11:16 AM

Well done!! Going on my wish list! ;o)

RICHARD posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 1:56 PM

IF YOU CAN WAIT ABIT I CAN SEND A PIC OF HIM THE WAY I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM.ITS IN COLOR EVEN.IF YOU LIVE NEAR A BOOZE STORE THEIRS A PIC ON A PRODUCT CALLED CAPTAIN MORGAN GOLD ITS A NEW PRODUCT A MIX OF COLA AN RUM.ANYWAY THATS THE LOOK I WANT.I TRY AN SEND APIC TONIGHT OR TOMMORROW NIGHT. RICHARD

VirtualSite posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 11:17 PM

If this is still a WIP, you might want to reexamine the hat -- it's riding a bit high.

noggin posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 1:26 AM

Having gone back to my source pics I think you're right it is riding a bit high. Models in 'pending' so it will have to be a manual adjustment I'm afraid!

RICHARD posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 12:32 PM

NOGGAN FOUND PICS I WAS TALKING ABOUT,I SCANNED THEM OFF BOTTLE OF RUM COLA I HAVE.ALTHOUGH NOT A TRUE IMAGE IT IS LIKE I SAID BEFORE JUST A FEW MINOR CHANGES TO THE ADIMRAL. HOPE YOU CONSIDER MY VERSION--PLEASE. ITS WHAT MOST PEOPLE MIGHT THINK A PIRATE CAPTAIN MAY LOOK LIKE.AGAIN LOVE THE ADIRMAL ANY IDEA WHEN IT WILL BE UP FOR DOWNLOAD?SOON I HOPE.GOING TO TRY UPLOADING SOME IMAGES HERE,IF THAT DOESNT WORK WILL E-MAIL TO YOU.THEIR IN JPEG FORMAT.AGAIN HOPE YOU CAN COPY THE TO MAKE A GREAT LOOKING PIRATE CAPTAIN--THANKS INADVANCE P.S PICTURES OUR COMING HAVE TO UNZIP 1ST

RICHARD posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 12:46 PM

HI ME AGAIN--HERES TEST ON HOPE IT WORKS,IF YOU MAKE THIS ONE AN HOPE YOU DO YOU NEED TO MAKE BOOTS AN CAPE.

RICHARD posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 12:50 PM

great it worked 3 more on their way

RICHARD posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 12:53 PM

next one

RICHARD posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 1:05 PM

again---sorry

RICHARD posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 1:08 PM

last time

mabfairyqueen posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 9:14 PM

The uniforms look great! Now where did I see that really cool ship?

noggin posted Thu, 29 August 2002 at 5:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=6382

I don't know if this is the one you've seen- but have a look at this superb model by the Hankster_ it really is as good as it looks and at that price is a real bargain. Models are in Pending at the present so barring unforseen problems should be within the next week or so.

noggin posted Thu, 29 August 2002 at 7:08 AM

Here you go Richard_ anything like? I notice he hasn't got a skull and cross bones design on his cockade hat.

mabfairyqueen posted Thu, 29 August 2002 at 8:57 AM

Well, you know pirates of that day often stole the clothes off the backs of the captain and crew of the ships they raided. The one you show, noggin looks like many a dashing styled pirate in those old technicolor movies. I like it. He needs black hair instead of the the white, though, and a mustache to truly fit the image. :o)

RICHARD posted Thu, 29 August 2002 at 11:42 AM

nice job,your right no skull or cross bones on hat of morgan pics i sent.guess i would be satisfed the way it is but with navy or black pants,also on the hat put a gold trim around edges like in my pics.their could be to texs one black with gold trim an one solid red with gold trim. the coat is nice but again maybe make another version with solid red dark an know fancey pasley pattern.thr sleeve cuffs ne button holes an maybe flare out see my pics for what i mean.again like your version very much,but would like my pic version also.please!!! Richard

noggin posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 12:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=13450

Well you guys the first paired set is in the market today. The reverse pair hopefully tomorrow. Richard_ I'll try and get the Pirate stuff zipped up and on my own site with a free stuff link soon. I'm happy to work on the textures but don't think I can face more modelling _ now if you wanted to develop some morph targets for those sleeves....;-)