Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Statement

Kosmokrat opened this issue on Sep 06, 2002 ยท 77 posts

Kosmokrat posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 1:30 PM

I'm not a "regular" in this forum, well I even don't come to this comunity on a regular basis, and when I do, it is mostly for the Cinema 4D forum. But in the last 24 hours, I read a lot on Poser 5 here, wise statements und bullshit alike. It may be a dead topic, but I have come to a descision, I want to share.

All things discussed here on the "protection" system for Poser 5 will lead to nothing, CL has come to an descision, and it will not listen to to the opinions of the users. All that can be said has been said, there is no need to discuss it any further.
So I will resume to only what is my point of view:

I don't deny CL the right to protect thier intellectual property, but I do deny them the right to "harass" me with this scheme as a paying client, giving me the feeling to do something illegal in using a software I bought, without telling them if and when I change my hardware. THIS IS NONE OF THIER CONCERN!
I feel tricked into buying the overpriced ProPack just for the ability to use Poser for pictures done with Cinema with an almost useless Plugin, a "ProPack" which will be more useless to me once I have Cinema R8 installed. And now there is this scheme, where other, less invasive measure would have been more apropiate.
So, I don't need Poser 5, I (will) have better things.
So, my descision is in the only language businesses understand: Lost sales.
Therefore:
I WILL NOT BUY POSER 5 OR ANY OTHER CL-PRODUCT AS LONG AS THEY KEEP UP SUCH SCHEMES!

This is not said to influence the descision of any other person visiting this comunity, everyone has to make his or her own one, but I would not mind if others would make the same one.

And at this point, if CL has to close its offices, to me it would be no loss. At current information basis, CL is, for me, on the list of companies not to make buisness with.

This is my opinion, and it will stay this way unless CL proves otherwise.