Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Depth of Field with Poser - Photoshop tutorial

PoserStyle opened this issue on Sep 08, 2002 ยท 7 posts

PoserStyle posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 6:17 AM

Attached Link: PoserStyle tutorials page

Go check our last tutorial at PoserStyle about how to create depth of field with Poser and Photoshop. A special pose is available to help you render a Z-Buffer like image. What is Z-Buffer ? How to make depth of field ? Just go here and take a look at the given example :) http://www.poserstyle.com/tutorials/index.php3

Sacred Rose posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 7:27 AM

Nice tute! Thanks :)

JeffH posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 10:31 AM

Heya,

The effect of using that light pose is the same as the normal alpha channel produced by poser when depth cue is used.

Do a render with depth cueing on, save as ".tif". Then in Photoshop invert the alpha channel and you have it.

Seems to me the light pose render is uneeded.

-Jeff

PoserStyle posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 10:49 AM

If you got Poser and Photoshop opened at the same time, you can render in P4 and paste the image directly into the Photoshop channels, without saving it. Many ways to do the same things :) With animated scenes, it's far easier to render an images sequence and directly import - tweak it...

JeffH posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 11:03 AM

Poser holds the render in the clip board?

I just do one render with depth cue on and invert the alpha, load it as the mask and use a blur filter. One render total.

Thanks for the ideas.

PoserStyle posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 11:15 AM

Only if you go to edit/Copy picture or Edit/Copy for "rendered in new window" images. In fact Z-Buffer like render can also be achieved with Mask display mode : Depth Cueing On, Black Foreground and White Background. And Alpha for figure transparency can be done with the same settings and Depth Cueing Off. Just have to render three images ( ZBuffer and Mask with just Antialias Document ) and paste them... Well, finally it's easier this way :) ( lol )

mateo_sancarlos posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 6:09 PM

At first I was confused by your use of the term "pose" to describe an lt2 (light) file, but I agree that it's not needed, since you already get a greyscale D.O.F. channel included in your tiff export. Anyway, thanks for doing the tutorial work. You could also add a step about including an object in the background to increase the D.O.F. scale.