Tue, Oct 8, 6:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 4:32 pm)

Subject: Poser artists

Replicant ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 8:49 AM

Theres an old maxim that goes, "Those that can, do. Those that can't become critics."

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 3:12 PM

Eh? "Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach" Surely?

StrmRyder ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:14 PM

So... My general conception of this isn't just with this simple post started by the infamous Tisa, but on a grander scale with an all inclusive look at Tisa in general and her use of Renderosity.

Having been asked to view an image of hers by a coleague, I found a computer inhanced photo. I was slightly impressed with the alterations made, and considered it to be "art" as it was time and energy spent by the creator to justify it's existance. Hence, in the general scope of the deffinition, "art".
Now, then having seen this, I saw the gallery in which it had been posted in. I laughed it off as a miscatagorization. (I'm sure I just made that word up) Then I went to the artist's page to see what else they had compiled. All, nearly a dozen image that she had posted at the time were of the same structure: Computer Enhanced Photography. All posted in the Poser Gallery. All proclaimed to be renders done under poser.

Now, since this time, she has deleted most of her posted works, and changed the gallery of one "Cloe" to a suitable place.
When initially questioned about this art, her general reply was that she was a master at the program, and had found a new way of texturing that made all other Poser users work obsolete and unworthy of posting. (These were not her exact words, but in 3 paragraphs of text, the point driven to the heart)
When asked to provide a PZ3 of the image to put to rest the debate, no reply was given. At this time, debates over her work in the chat grew rampant. And then, I was informed of this forum discussion. After all of this, I feel that Tisa has little to no right to judge, let alone comment in any way as to the quality, or "art" basis of any Poser user whether a 1 minute newbie rendering their first image of a box, or the artist that makes thousands of dollars a month off from their work done in the program.

I know there are questionable items in my gallery as to if they should be deemed art or not, but my gallery is a factual representation of my growth as both a CG artist, and a person in general. To be slandered by this arrogance is both an annoyance, and reason for rebuttle.

Think of me what you will fellow artists and Renderosity users, but this "artist" is in my mind simply not a person who should be allowed within 1000 meters of any item any person deems as art.

Sincerely,

StrmRyder
aka, Daryn

bijouchat ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=bijouchat

maclean... if someone can pile a bunch of radios in a corner of the modern art museum in paris on the floor and call it art... ANYthing must be art... lol. I saw three empty canvasses on the wall painted the same as the wall in the Pompidou... it was called art there, too... and they may be just photos on your page Maclean, but they still rock :-) I'm impressed by good craftsmanship. I can paint people's faces, I think this is a craft that people can learn too, some people say I'm even good at it ... some people even call it art. I don't care, one way or another. Its art to me, and that's all that matters. If its art to somebody, its ART. the gal Tisa at the top is a troll. Pay her no mind. :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.