Forum: Bryce

Subject: SEPTEMBER MONTHLY CHALLENGE ENTRY - AGENTSMITH! AGENTSMITH!

tuttle opened this issue on Sep 10, 2002 ยท 7 posts

tuttle posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:02 PM

Sorry, didn't want you to miss it this time ;) This one's called "Terraforming - The Personal Touch" The scene is modelled entirely from Bryce primitives - with the expection of the Poser face - and rendered in Premium-32 (3hrs). No post, except for colour enhancement. Comments and recommendations welcome, although I'm buggered if I'm going to change it now ;) It came out OK, although I think the hands look a bit wooden (that's what you get from using ellipses & cubes instead of the easier Poser method!) I experimented with TIR and high refraction for the glass, to reflect internal rainbow objects on the glass itself. It worked out OK, although there's loads of robot guts in there that you don't get to see now! Anyhow, thanks for viewing.

tuttle posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:25 AM

Whoa, hold it there! The feedback's overwhelming! It's going to take me ages to go through all this lot! Actually...

catlin_mc posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 12:30 PM

And what would this months challenge be about? I thought pidjy was supposed to choose since he won last month, and I haven't seen it written anywhere what Sept.'s challenge is. Catlin

lsstrout posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 12:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=107&Form.ShowMessage=860332

The link above should take you to it.

It's the topic marked:

September Bryce challenge topic! here it is!

It's about 8 topics before this one.

archetype posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:02 PM

Nice work Tuttle. Your wonderful imagination shines through clearly in this work. Very cool!

tuttle posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:38 PM

..."It's the topic marked: September Bryce challenge topic! here it is!"... Yep, it's not a trick, that's where I found it too!

AgentSmith posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 7:05 PM

Lol...yeah, yeah, I got it. I won't rely on paging back through the forum posts any longer to get the entries. Great render. Yeah, maybe change the hands, if you are using a Poser face, why not Poser hands? Maybe make them chrome, or something... Feel free to do re-posts of your entries(anyone). AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"