Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 Morph Targets: Who's Got What

Redfern opened this issue on Sep 11, 2002 ยท 7 posts

Redfern posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:38 AM Online Now!

Before I delve into the issue, let me assure you this is not meant as a complaint. It's merely an inquiry. Hopefully one of you who have experimented for a few days can provide a solution, or at least an explanation. That was why this forum was originally created, right? Having performed my own experiments, I've noticed some interesting aspects concerning the Don and Judy meshes, specifically, their pre-loaded morph parameters. Understandably, there exist some rather obvious differences. I did study basic biology in school, you know. ;-) It would be odd for Judy to have, ahem, a foreskin morph, just as it would be equally unusual for Don to possess morph dials which could augment mammary glands. However, wouldn't it seem logical for Judy to have controls to embellish or diminish muscle groups? Don has such dials listed for most of his body sections, but Judy does not, at least in my installment. Yes, I know about the dial groups. I quickly discovered how I could click upon the "+" symbol to expand the selections. However, Judy's abdomen and hip sections only have the "Transform" group that allows me to alter the "X," "Y," and "Z" scales as well as the "Twist," "Bend," and "Side-Side" positions. I have not examined the limbs, but I suspect they have the same limitations. Is it possible I may have suffered a flawed installation? I won't scream accusations of a buggy program; system values on my PC could have corrupted the load. Or does Judy in all the packages possess minimal muscular adaptations? If so, have I missed something? Does a folder exist which houses a shipload of loadable morphs that can turn Judy from a waif-thin teenager to cherubic grandmother? Concerning the full body morphs, Judy does not seem to react to any of those specific dials when I "wheel" them. When I tweaked a pectoral morph (in the full body section) for Don, only his right pec' bulged. Now that does seem odd. Has anyone else experienced this anomaly? I won't "rag" about Judy's features. The Face Room quickly grants me more pleasing features. As someone stated, CL probably had to choose some "neutral" characteristics so that the Face Room could take best advantage. I'd like to see someone attempt to recreate Marta Kirstin, the "real" Judy from "Lost in Space." The same goes for "Don." That would be a hoot! Back to business, if anyone has any explanations or, better yet, any solutions to this anatomical curiosity, I'm sure others, myself included, would appreciate your thoughts and would gain from that knowledge. Here's to a potentially great new period of imaging endeavors!

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!