Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ??Pin-Stripe Suit??

adam opened this issue on Mar 20, 2000 ยท 8 posts

adam posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 8:22 PM

Does anybody know where I can find a pin stripe suit? I need this by the end of the week. Anybody know? Thanx in advance -Adam

Sprout posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 9:09 PM

I am not the best at textures, but you may need to be a bit more specific.. Pinstripe as in "Zoot suit" or as in old jail house sort of thing? Sprout

adam posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 9:28 PM

It is a gangster suite that people wore in the 40's. Sorry, this is the only image I can find on the internet. There are blue and white stripes on it: stripe.jpg They usually wore a top hat. Do you know where to get the suite? Thanx -Adam

Sprout posted Tue, 21 March 2000 at 1:29 AM

Ok we will give it a go.... will try to post tonight if at all posible, if not, tomorrow at the latest Ok my wife is taking over :O)(she has a few questions).... Double-breasted a must? Tight or loose pinstripe pattern? she says this reference pic shows a loose pattern with stripes about an inch apart as opposed to a quarter inch apart. Oh and another question..... Male or Female outfit? Sprout nice ref pic btw :O)

LoboUK posted Tue, 21 March 2000 at 4:54 AM

Just a little note, this is the 30's/40's style of thing? Thet would have been more likely to have worn a fedora or trilby style hat than a top hat. "Wide-boys" here in the UK in the 40's wore this sort of thing with a trilby or a flat-cap. Top hats, by the 40's, were more likely to have been worn with evening dress/by Fred Astaire :) Paul

adam posted Tue, 21 March 2000 at 10:27 AM

LoboUK, I am making a play poster for "Kiss Me Kate" and I have a picture here of a man wearing a pinstripe suite with a top hat in the play. But the top hat isn't what I am looking for right now, I need the suite. Thanx for the info, anyway =) Sprout, sorry for not explaining it clearly. It does need to be double-breasted, and a loose pattern would probably be better. If I need it to be more tight, I can probably change the texture a little. It is a male outfit too. Thank you very much!! -Adam

Sprout posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 3:42 AM

Sorry Adam . I am having no such luck at finding Or making a double breasted suit. If anyone can find something at all close to what you need I will be moreb than happy to do a texture.I still am having problems with clothing articles:O( sorry Adam Sprout

adam posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 9:08 AM

Oh shoot! Thanx anyway!