Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How BIG is it? ... Using Poser props to make measurements! .......

geep opened this issue on Sep 15, 2002 ยท 14 posts

geep posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 12:04 AM

Ok, ok, so ya don't want my FREE "Scale" prop. I don't care. *sniff* I'll cry for a few days, but I'll get over it... Anyway, you can use what you already have to make sure that your props and figures are the correct size. *************** Using The "GROUND" Prop ************** If you change the "Scale" of the "GROUND" prop to 157.900%, the distance between lines (in wireframe mode) will be exactly 1 foot. The overall size of the "GROUND" will now be 20' x 20'. (or 400 square feet) For example, you could use this to measure the floor size of rooms in a house. *************** Using The "Box" Prop ************** You can also use Poser's "Box" prop to measure in all 3 dimensions. Load the "Box" prop from your BASIC SHAPES (Props library) and change it's "Scale" to 126.000% and it will be exactly 1 cubic foot. (1' x 1' x 1') Change the "Scale" of the "Box" prop to 1008.000% and the distance between lines (in wireframe mode) will be exactly 1 foot. Overall size will be 8' x 8' x 8'. These are just a couple of examples. There are many others. BTW - My 12 foot "Scales" prop is still FREE and is only 95K (zipped). Also included are 1 Meter and 10 Meter Scale props. (so I don't get anyone mad.) ;=] cheers, (and happy measuring) dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019