Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Has anyone tried to make conforming clothes for Poser using Maya?

stelhar_1999 opened this issue on Sep 17, 2002 ยท 3 posts

stelhar_1999 posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 8:44 AM

Has anyone tried to make clothes for poser using MAYA? Well I have a question, i made somekind of armor using polygons, I've extruded faces a lot to make some various shapes and give some thickness in the armor. I imported the file (as .obj of course) in Poser and all the extruded faces where somehow bumpy!!!! (like in Maya when you use smooth!) What I do wrong, is there another way to "give" depth to the polygons avoiding the "bumpy" result in Poser? (the same quesion was posted at the MAYA forum)

PhilC posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 9:41 AM

It may be because of the way Poser smoothes the faces. Would it be possible to post a screen shot of both smooth lined and texture shaded? We will be able to tell from that.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

stelhar_1999 posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 5:28 PM

Find out what the reason was or having such a problem, when I started to make the armor I checked the "keep faces together" parameter and went a little on modeling then I closed MAYA to get some sleep (sometimes s*** happens!!!) and whe I opened the file again I din't checkthis parameter again!!!! now works just fine (a little to fine I might add!!!! so how can I keep Poser from smoothing polygons tooooo much????