Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Setup Room

pdxjims opened this issue on Sep 22, 2002 ยท 7 posts

pdxjims posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 1:50 PM

Has anyone started playing with the setup room? I've been working in it for the last couple of days, and I'm amazed at how powerful it is. I started with a simple worm made up of individual toruses (sp?). I added about 12, resized them to make it look interesting, and exported it as an object. I imported the object I just made, assigned bones and materials (using auto), and come up with a pretty neat character. Then I tried importing an whate model from 3D cafe, and manually assigned the bones and materials. I haven't done anything with hierarchies or 1k chains yet, but boy howdy, it came out pretty good for a first try. I've seen lots of free models out there I think would make great character or posable props, but because they were static, they were pretty limited. With the setup room, and a lot of patience, I can get some nice posable stuff for free. Of course, I can't distribute anything made from a free model without the creator's permission, but for my use, or with permission, this is really going to help.

pdxjims posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 1:53 PM

Here's a quick render of the whale. It only has 5 bones, so its limited at the moment. I think the worm could be used as horns, or decorative trim for stone or woodwork.

TalmidBen posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 1:56 PM

Hey, where'd ya get that whale? God bless.

c1rcle posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 1:58 PM

Does anyone know if there's any reason we can't give the bones themselves away? I don't mean the model, you could include a link to the model in the readme. Rob

PhilC posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 2:04 PM

The bones will be the cr2 file which you could share. It will however be dependant on how the model is grouped. You could distribute this info with Mover together with a link to the original model.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

EricofSD posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 3:01 PM

The bone feature was available with the setup room in P4 Pro Pack and quite wonderful for use with static models. Rob, I think you have an idea though about putting up some freebie bones to add to to all those static models out there.

ronmolina posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 8:00 PM

Yes but you still have to group the model for the bones to work. As Phil said its just a cr2 file. Maybe a uvs file to go along with it would work or grouping instructions. Ron