Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Setup Room

pdxjims opened this issue on Sep 22, 2002 ยท 7 posts

pdxjims posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 1:50 PM

Has anyone started playing with the setup room? I've been working in it for the last couple of days, and I'm amazed at how powerful it is. I started with a simple worm made up of individual toruses (sp?). I added about 12, resized them to make it look interesting, and exported it as an object. I imported the object I just made, assigned bones and materials (using auto), and come up with a pretty neat character. Then I tried importing an whate model from 3D cafe, and manually assigned the bones and materials. I haven't done anything with hierarchies or 1k chains yet, but boy howdy, it came out pretty good for a first try. I've seen lots of free models out there I think would make great character or posable props, but because they were static, they were pretty limited. With the setup room, and a lot of patience, I can get some nice posable stuff for free. Of course, I can't distribute anything made from a free model without the creator's permission, but for my use, or with permission, this is really going to help.