Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: should I... with this creature???

Glas opened this issue on Sep 22, 2002 ยท 8 posts

Glas posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 9:36 PM

As you can see I still have a bit to go with this but I am looking for a bit of input before I go much further. I don't know if I should make the beak part of the head (one mesh) or as a seperate object. The advantage of the one mesh is if I decide to make it posable. less joints and bones to be consirned with. ( this is an assumetion I haven't made a bone set for any thing yet) The disadvantage is texturing and if you use a seperate rendering program the ability would be lose to make the beak glossy. If I did make them four seperate item and would there be a problem in linking and posing? Any other pro or cons? Or even suggestions on what else should be done to the poor creature.

Glas posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 9:37 PM

here a close up

Momcat posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 9:59 PM

Even if you make it a single mesh, you can still create seperate groups and asign seperate materials, can't you?

micca posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 9:59 PM

looke cool

hewsan posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 10:47 PM

Like the musculature (sp?) you did in the wings. If you are going to export to obj - for poser - then the texuring will be with a uv map. Having the beak combined then as part of the mesh, then wouoldn't be that much of a hindrance in texturing me thinks.

PheonixRising posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 11:54 PM

it does look cool. If you need any advice with joints, not that you would, drop me a line. I love animals. This looks great by the way. Anton anton@daz3d.com

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

noggin posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 4:38 AM

I agree with all the above_ you don't need to consider body parts and materials as the same things_ just use the assign material option in Poser or a mapper such as UVMapper. From a poseability point of view I would be inclined to have the upper beak section as part of the head (and therefore fixed) and the lower section of the beak and the tongue each as seperate body parts that you can pose_ it would look more natural. Great modelling btw!

Glas posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 5:46 AM

Thank youall for the advice and tips Pheonix I may be dropping you a line in a couple of weeks about the bone set up.