Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: To Poser or Not to Poser

sargebear opened this issue on Sep 23, 2002 ยท 25 posts

sargebear posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 6:50 AM

i've been reading some of the comments on Poser 5. and i do see more complaints than prasie. Mainly on installation, or trying to find a certain section that isn't there like it was on your Poser 4. i know i've heard alot of screaming in the chat room about how CL released it too soon and you got a lot of bugs with the program. Seems to me that CL did release it a bit early, ( maybe because of public demand). CL should have tested it a bit more before releasing it. i mean even Brokers Have to have the products FULLY tested before they release there product.. CL is trying there best i'm sure. ( just wonder how many "patches" will have to be made to correct the mistakes. i agree with one of the members when they said CL left Macs out in the dark on this one. according to One of the big wigs, he said "its a APPLE thing, and they have there heads up there butts, but we are working on it. So as some Mac users have to wait, some are asking themselfs "should i get Poser 5 or not?". answer is quite simple, do as you wish with your money, but before i would buy, i would write CL and find out what kind of "bugs" are instored for the OSX? then again when you do write CL about a problem chances are 75/25 they won't answer you. ( or has been my experience and others too). i'm not complaining about CL. yet it seems to me they ought to follow there fellow compaines, ( like adobe, corel, Vue, ect..) make sure when you release the product that it is fully functional and working. no one likes buying a broke Mule to work with. or buying a car without the tires,( it runs, but won't go no where.)