Fri, Sep 20, 1:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: SILENCE OF THE LAMBS

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 5:18 PM

Hiya IB... yeah, I know, I take too long (been playing with P5, err, oops :) ) Seriously - we gets Elk by the gallon. I'll scan n' post (and then takes lots and lots of pictures for texture material) if/when I bag one :) Funny you should mention the Ozarks - I just moved out here from Arkansas in 1999 (and yeah, I don't envy you the hunts up there... done 'em since childhood, but dammit, I can actually see past 100 yds. out here!) I had to put up the Win. .30-30 open-sight and trade it in for a Ruger .338 w/ a 4x9 Weaver scope on top, but otherwise it's not much different (though the hills are a hell of a lot bigger out here...) Oh, yeah... almost forgot: OKAY BOYS, LET'S LYNCH JACK! WOO HOO! /P

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 5:20 PM

file_24905.jpg

Oh yeah, Scott... I umm, found your cat:

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 6:17 PM

file_24906.jpg

Pengy, at least you were smart & snapped a pic while the cat was out cold... I tried to wake him up & this was all I got for my trouble :-)

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 6:59 PM

file_24907.jpg

forget those cats heres a Cute CG Doggy yes lightwaves built in hair system works well :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 7:02 PM

Cooler, you forgot the adage of letting sleeping cats lie :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 8:27 PM

"I can actually see past 100 yds. " - Penguinisto Yeah, that's why I hunt deer with handgun and bow usually, longest shot you generally get in most places is around 150 yards, and most are 75 yards or less. I keep the .358 Norma for stopping 400 lbs of razorback from taking out a half a pack of catch dogs. ;] I've been elk and muledeer hunting twice so far... once in COlorado, once in Montana. It IS nice to be able to see past the alders and scrub, ne? ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 1:03 PM

Damned right it is! The only exceptions are the quaking aspen groves... they're usually small, but they're thick enough to reach out and grab bullets very nicely. My only problem is, I can spot 'em at a mile to two miles off now, but they're pretty good at spotting me, too! You have to work it juuust right, and though they're easier to see, you wind up spending six hours getting into a good intercept position, but trying not to get their attention in the meanwhile. It's a lotta work, 'mano, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! :)

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 9:08 PM

shrug No biggie. I still hunt with handgun when I visit my cousin in Kiamichi, rather than stand hunt, so I'm used to the "spend several days trying to stalk quietly through the bush trying to get a clear shot" BS. The "fun" part is accidentally bumping up 10 yards away from a feral hog and trying to ease back just as quietly before he notoces you and decides your in his space... ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.