Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Saving foot settings

Nebula opened this issue on Sep 24, 2002 ยท 6 posts

Nebula posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 1:05 PM

Hello, I am working with Victoria 2 and using the DAZ Nightlife shoes set. I am able to get her feet setup enough to work with the shoes. I was wondering if there is a way to save the foot settings so that when you select a different pose, I can just call them back up again. I know you can save the hand settings. Is there a way to do that for the feet? Could it be done using a MAT setting? I've never done a MAT setting. Are they hard to do? Is there a prefered tutorial? Thanks! Doug

bloodsong posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 3:14 PM

heyas; you can memorize the feet and toes, and then hit ctrl-e when you have each part selected to restore the feet. see the edit: memorize: element menu. you could lock the feet and toes with the object: lock actor menu. (this would probably be easiest.) you could create a partial pose for just the feet/toes. this is not related to mat pose files. it is just a pose file with everything but the feet and toes deleted. or, you could add to the library, and use the 'select subset' option to select only the feet and toes, right in poser.

Nebula posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 3:48 PM

Hey, Memorizing only works in the current file tho. If I load a new file, that all goes away. Is that true? I do use the Lock feature. But again, I was hoping to be able to select from a menu or something for the next time I load a figure. I do like the select subset option you mentioned. I think that's just what I'm looking for. I'll give that a try. Since I have you here, I have one other question sort of un-related. I have the Milena character. You load Victoria2 and select her MAT file for Milena's body shape. Neat effect to watch. :) Anyway, since her thighs and breasts are larger than the standard Victoria, how do you get clothing to fit her properly? I have the conforming Victoria clothing but I don't get how to adjust it so it looks right. I can make it cover her but it's all kinda whacked. I'm even willing to try my hand at making clothing, something I've never done but have always wanted to. Are there any quasi-easy solutions? Thanks again! Doug

JeffH posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 4:18 PM

Begin to save it as a pose file then click "SUB-SET" and uncheck everything you don't want to be part of the pose. This works in P5, not sure about P4.

geep posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 1:58 AM

Looks like it works ok in P4, also. ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Nebula posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:39 AM

Yes, it does. I use 5 mostly tho. Another thing to mention is that IK needs to be turned off otherwise the foot returns back to the floor making the legs look reallly sick! lol After I figured that one out, it works great! Thanks for all your help!! Doug