Forum: Fractals

Subject: New here

DreamWarrior opened this issue on Sep 25, 2002 ยท 6 posts

DreamWarrior posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:00 AM

Hello everybody! I've read the entire archive (some lurking, huh?) before posting. I'm new to fractals. I've seen some of the great works you do and wondered how in the world you achieve those results. At first I thought it was all post production work in image editors, but then I started reading the forum and realized that many of you don't pp and get the most beautiful results. So I went to the Janet Parke tutorial on UF and begun to understand how some of these images are made. I'm so happy! Now I know I can get closer! To sort of introduce myself, I'm attaching one of my first creations (with some pp in Photoshop). After reading some of the tutorials I came up with an image that I like very much, but that will go in the next message. I thought maybe it's good enough to place it in the Art Print store here. You'll tell me what you think then, I hope. Nice meeting you all!

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

firefly posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:44 PM

Hi DreamWarrior and welcome :) That's a great image, love the feathery effect. I look forward to seeing more of your art but noticed you don't have anything posted to your gallery yet. Don't be shy :) Fill it up!

DreamWarrior posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 12:59 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Firefly! I'll be adding some images to my gallery soon. It's true I'm a bit shy of showing off my art, since I'm overwhelmed by the incredible talent some of you guys have. But I think the best way to improve is to show and receive constructive criticism. I'm not particularly surrounded by many abstract art lovers here, so it's nice to find a place where I can learn and be appreciated! Cheers!

firefly posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 8:09 AM

Yep, those are some of the reasons I love this place so much. While there can be the odd individual who is a hmm, erm, different kind of friendly ;) Most here are truly friendly, warm and very helpful. This is a great community! Glad you found us :)

Ianfe posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 6:01 PM

Welcome! Aye,follow Firefly's advice! Show your stuff! Anything I can do to help, don't hesitate tp ring me up. I'm by far NOT the most talented guy around here. Heck, my stuff doesn't come close to that of others, but I like to help.

DreamWarrior posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 10:20 AM

That's very sweet, Ianfe. Thank you very much! I'll be posting my other two works (I've only made 3 so far) in the next few days. I have this job to finish and hopefully after that I can go back to my fractal investigation! Thanks for the welcome and kindness!