Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P5 parameter ALWAYS on top?

SirTen opened this issue on Sep 30, 2002 ยท 8 posts

SirTen posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:54 PM

i know i know, it's petty. but the parameter/properties dialogue is really getting on my nerves. it's nice, but why does it ALWAYS have to be on top of my libraries window? and before you say anything, I know if my workflow was correct i would be finished with the libraries before starting to use the parameters! i just wondered if i'm being completely stupid or if there is some way of sorting it out. cheers

bloodsong posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 4:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dmenagerie.com/

yeah. sorry. you're not the only one who hates that, so MAYBE they will fix it.... someday. you can check out my tutorials for how i position the dumb thing so it doesn't quite totally cover my poor libraries. its in the p5 interface tips and stuff. (in the goodies.)

gryffnn posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 4:31 PM

When I open P5 I position it where I like it (since setting Prefs won't do it), then use Ctrl-Shift-N to toggle it on/off. Or you can set two IU memory dots - one with the palette open and one with it closed. Neither ideal, but eliminates some of the excess mousing.

Ironbear posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 6:45 PM

Yup, as far as I can tell, always on top. Or off. No minimize. Annoying as hell aint it? ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

Vitzer posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:31 PM

Annoying, yes... but annoying as hell? 8-)

Jackson posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:55 PM

It's your fault because you don't have a 21" monitor. If you did, the palette would fit perfectly twixt the libraries and the doc window. So don't blame CL.

bloodsong posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 4:57 PM

heyas; that's odd, my ui dots don't remember the pro/par palette location, either. :/ i don't think they do.

gryffnn posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 5:34 PM

I REALLY like that floating palette, but it is odd. Poser just doesn't seem to like the palette all the way up at the right below the tabs where I want it - always reopens with it pushed down and left. Yet once I move it to the right place, it reappears there with Ctrl-Shift-N or when I toggle with two memory dots. However, if I move it and then try the dots toggle, it reopens in the new location, not where I memorized it. We'll see if the patch changes this...