Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dumb question.. Kupa?

praxis22 opened this issue on Oct 01, 2002 ยท 5 posts

praxis22 posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 2:41 PM

This is a dumb question, but is there any chance, (even that of the proverbial snowball in hell) that Poser will ever support DirectX? I like Poser because it's quick and easy, and I like to play, but it stikes me that you could get far more bang for your buck if you even opted for even minimal GFX acceleration, (and left the processor to get on with more important things.) Instead of the current situation, where people are actually turning GFX acceleration off, in the hope of increasing speed and stability. Which seems like a retrograde step to me... later jb

kupa posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 6:45 PM

jb, I can't answer that, but it's a logical consideration for the future. Kupa

praxis22 posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 1:56 AM

Kupa, I figured that was the answer. I suppose I'll just have to find another excuse to buy that Radeon 9700PRO then... :P later jb

EricofSD posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 2:11 AM

I'm on the radeon all in wonder 8700dv card. The latest drivers are necessary for Pandromeda Mojo World and programs that do heavily use the openGL, etc. I didn't turn off acceleration because its a pain to keep switching. Seems like load balancing is the in thing these days though so I hope that CL looks into the video card as a source of memory/processing power. Thanks.

praxis22 posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 11:02 AM

I've got a GeForce4 440MX and turning the graphics acceleration off makes no difference, "fast tracking" still runs at the same speed as "full tracking." So I figured if I bought a better card, and turned the acceleration off on that it might work better! :P later jb