Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How do I get clothing to fit a morphed character

Nebula opened this issue on Oct 04, 2002 ยท 17 posts

Nebula posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 1:41 PM

Hello again,

I am sorry to keep asking questions on this subject but it is really starting to get frustrating. Everyone has been very open and helpful but I am still not "getting it".

I have the Milena character. She's wonderful! But I can't seem to dress her. I know it can be done, it's just my ignorance. Milena's morphs are full-body morphs. No individual body part morphs are used. You load Victora, then you apply the Milena Full-Body morphs and there she is. What I did was load Victoria 2 and documented her full-body morph settings. They were all zero. Then I loaded the Milena full-body morph and then documented the changes. There appear to be 18 of them.

Now that I have Milena loaded, if I load the Victora morphable clothing bra and conform it to Milena, it snaps into position on the body. But, Milena's breasts are a fair bit larger than Victorias' so the bra does not cover them much at all. (See Figure 1)

So at this point I enter the documented changes into the BRA's full-body morph settings. This would seem to me that it should then cover Milena just as it would Victoria. But this does not happen. It is somewhat close but it still doesn't fit right. And that's the frustrating part. (See Figure 2)

Typically after entering the documented changes into the BRA's FB morphs in order to get the bra to fully cover the breast causes the bra cups to swell beyond the breast so that there is a noticable gap between the bra cup and the breast. The protrusion of the nipple in the bra is like an inch away from the nipple that's suppose to be making the protrusion in the first place. (See Figure 3)

This is not so much of a problem with indellable clothing. But for clothing that is somewhat transparent, it's very noticeable. Another problem I have is that some clothing have no FB morphs to adjust. They have Scale or Translation settings but no FB morphs. In this case I try to go to the individual part (ie Left Collar, Chest, etc.) but the documented values are usually way off.

Does everyone have this problem? How do you cloth a character that does not have Victoria's dimentions? How do you cloth a character like Volupuous Vicky?? I would think, in essence, that's the same thing I'm trying to do. This problem forces me to use Victoria. She is lovely in her own right, but I purchased Milena because she's more like what I wish to model. If you own Milena and have been able to dress her, PLEASE CONTACT ME!! I would desperatly like to know how you did it. But if you don't own her, any direct help would be greatly appricated.

As always, thank you all in advance for your time and trouble.

Nebula