Fri, Sep 20, 3:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Just to try to balance things up a bit....

Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 8:45 AM

I thought Lapis was talking about the way different parts of one item get put into different directories. Like say, a clothing item. The main item could to to the Figures folder, while the textures go to textures, the jewelry goes to Props, and the MAT files goes to Poses.

Lapis ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 2:11 PM

Bingo Jackson! But I'm experimenting with all options now.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 10:28 PM

That would be handy to have one directory for each figure...with subdirectorys under it......technically you could set up a runtime for each in p5 install stuff into there and link to it. A vicky runtime and a micheal one if you wanted. But I don't know if it would allow props into figures...etc...worth a try at most the program would ignore you.

Tirjasdyn

Lapis ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 10:56 PM

What I would like to see is either a plugin type of scenario like the way photoshop works. The files don't actually have to be in the program but just linked to them. Also a standard of file management to be implemented would bring it all together as well. There are many possibilities here and maybe the community could begin dialogue on this. I think its currently a thorn in everyone's side, especially as people aquire more stuff. I don't think it would be a difficult program for someone to write once the logistics were worked out and some consensus was met. This could really help install and keep track of things nicely. Actually having a way of routing in and out of the programm the way photoshop or even paint shop pro does, would allow other interestin plugins to be incorporated within and without poser. Imagine a fractal generator for use in the material room. The possibilities are endless. This would allow third party software to help build on the Poser concept taking us all to new and unimagined heights. What do you think guys and girls..should we start a string on this and get the ball rolling? If anyone can take this higher, this community can right?

Lapis ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 10:56 PM

What I would like to see is either a plugin type of scenario like the way photoshop works. The files don't actually have to be in the program but just linked to them. Also a standard of file management to be implemented would bring it all together as well. There are many possibilities here and maybe the community could begin dialogue on this. I think its currently a thorn in everyone's side, especially as people aquire more stuff. I don't think it would be a difficult program for someone to write once the logistics were worked out and some consensus was met. This could really help install and keep track of things nicely. Actually having a way of routing in and out of the programm the way photoshop or even paint shop pro does, would allow other interestin plugins to be incorporated within and without poser. Imagine a fractal generator for use in the material room. The possibilities are endless. This would allow third party software to help build on the Poser concept taking us all to new and unimagined heights. What do you think guys and girls..should we start a string on this and get the ball rolling? If anyone can take this higher, this community can right?

CyberStretch ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 12:06 AM

Actually, search through the fora for a thread about "Standardizing" (or something close). I cannot remember the final outcome, if there was one, but the topic seems to have disappeared from the "recent posts" lists.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.