Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 (what else) problem: greyed out Rotation Trackball

dialyn opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 15 posts

dialyn posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 7:38 PM

I was working on a graphic in Poser 5, saved it and then tried to open it in Poser 5. Got the infamous C Correction error so I imported it instead. It shows up but I can't adjust the overall graphic any more as far as how far it is from the camera. The Rotation Trackball is greyed out and the Move X and Z doesn't work. In fact, the trackball greys out immediately as the graphic appears. I tried changing numbers in the camera Parameter Dials but that does zero. I can render the figures. I can change the texture on the figures. I can't move the camera in any direction (though I can still view from different camera angels). In fact the only thing that does move, rather suddenly, is Judy's hair which randomly pops on and off her head in a somewhat demented manner. May I assume this is more memory problems? I've tried rebooting, closing all unnecessary programs down, etc. It appears to me that Poser 5 works best when I can finish a graphic in one sitting, but this isn't practical. Then again, what exactly is practical in Poser 5? Mind you, I haven't tried dynamic cloth, hair, or moulding the features...I'm just trying to do a simple graphic with no fancy extras. I so admire those of you who can use this software. I always knew I was a techno-dummy but does Poser 5 have to go out of its way to prove it to me?