Forum: Bryce

Subject: Monthly Challenge Entry

Darkginger opened this issue on Oct 16, 2002 ยท 15 posts

Darkginger posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:32 AM

A forest scene without any Bryce trees! Yeah, it's a bit silly, but it was fun to make. I've got another version with Depth of Field turned on - took me ages to decide which one to post, but I think this is the better of the two... Good luck to all!

Zhann posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:47 AM

Novel concept, most unusual...Great pic!

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Rayraz posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:01 AM

Great image. Nice idea. Nice modelling. Nice textures.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

big_hoovie posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 5:53 AM

it's kinda like a foresty version of veggie tales. =c) Great work. I love it when someone pushes the boundries of the challenge(and bryce) to see what can be done. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that the leaves on the ground are the same piles of leaves many of us are using, no?(the one from 3dplants) just something I noticed.

cshaftoe posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 7:08 AM

Are these ENTS? The Bryster

Darkginger posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 9:33 AM

Yep, that's the same pile of leaves that everyone seems to have! In fact, I went to 3Dplants to get them after seeing them in an earlier post. I love them! And the figures are UD Plant Pixies and Treant, with rather modified textures on the pixies (can't recall what I did with the Treant - have rendered and re-rendered this so many times now I can't remember anything about it - does anyone else do that?)

big_hoovie posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:31 AM

yeah, I re-render many times, until I get it the way I want. although, if I change something significant, I tend to save the files incrementally(ie render1, render2, render3, etc) so if I decide I like something I did previously, better, I can easily go back to it.

Colette1 posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:57 AM

Very cute.

lsstrout posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:45 PM

I really like this too. Well done. I started taking notes on everything I do and making multiple version of things. Now I can go back and look at my notes and realize I left out the key bit of information that would let me recreate the same effect. ;) Lin

big_hoovie posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 5:38 PM

hmmm....notes....I never thought of doing that. I'm too lazy anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.(besides, I cant take notes, if I'm using my computer at the time. no such thing as pencil and paper at MY desk. hehe)

lsstrout posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:44 PM

Ahh... but the spiffy imac I use has this feature called 'stickies' which are a computerized version of post-it notes. You don't have to close them even with a memory hog like bryce. Just open a sticky and tap in your little bits of information, then you can transfer it to a word file or print it out later. Lin

big_hoovie posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 9:02 AM

Actually, I believe that MS Office has a feature like that., or rather MS Outlook, has a feature like that.

lsstrout posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 12:06 PM

Really, I never noticed it on my PC.... I'll have to have a look.

Rayraz posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 1:32 PM

Making notes is very handy. I don't use digital post-it notes, I have a really ugly but very handy mousepad. It is basically a whole bunch of pieces of paper kept together with a little bit of rubber. I can write all sorts of codinates, settings etc. on it and when one piece of paper is full I just pull it of the mousepad and a fresh new one appears.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Zhann posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 7:24 PM

I have a design journal, I note everything in it, with sketches, that way, should anything go wonky with my computer, I can reproduce the image somewhat accurately...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...