Forum: Vue

Subject: That free XFrog on Digit mag

MandK opened this issue on Oct 20, 2002 ยท 26 posts

MandK posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 2:44 PM

Hi everyone, I know really I should ba asking this question on a different board, but since it crops up just down the page, and the answer might well influence people on this board, I'm asking it here. Having rushed out and bought a copy of Digit to get my free copy of XFrog 3.02 (as described below), I've now run into what appears to be the fatal flaw, unless perhaps any experienced XFrog users can enlighten me otherwise. The problem is, you don't seem to be able to export anything when you've made it - all the export options are greyed out, and in the mag is says you need to upgrade to the 3.5 Lite version to be able to export in normal 3D file formats. There are plug-ins on the CD for exporting to Lightwave, C4D, 3DS Max and Maya, but if you haven't got any of these, you've had it. To increase the frustration I've got C4D version 6, and the plug-in only works from version 7 onwards. So: is it possible to get things out of XFrog and into Vue? How did people who had this version originally cope with this? Is there a Vue plug-in one can download somewhere? I must say if it turns out that you can't export from this version to anything else, I think it's a bit naughty of Greenworks (and indeed Digit) to promote it as a full version on the cover. I'll reserve judgement on them until somebody posts an answer though. Mike