Forum: Bryce

Subject: New DemoReel Posted

CDunbar opened this issue on Oct 25, 2002 ยท 16 posts

CDunbar posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 12:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.clarkdunbar.com

Hey all. Just finshed my new demoreels and have posted them on my site. QuickTime/Sorenson3 movies set up as downloadable .sit files. The reels are my Animation Reel, and my Print Reel - each is a 15meg download. Software used ElectricImage Universe, Bryce, Poser, Vue4 and AfterEffects.

AgentSmith posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 4:53 PM

Guess you have to have a Mac to view these.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

CDunbar posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 5:26 PM

nope - you can see this on the PC - just need to get the QT player from Apple and the Unstuffit from Aladdin Systems - just download quicktime for the PC from www.Apple.com and you can get the Unstuffit it from http://www.aladdinsystems.com/ for the PC - both are free. Clark

AgentSmith posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 7:01 PM

...I have both, doesn't work, I own the latest Quicktime 6 pro. Can't view the .jpg either. Maybe it's the expanding messing it up. Do you put this together on a pc or a mac?

CDunbar posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 8:12 PM

must be a stuffit de-compression problem...1st I've heard. I work completely on the Mac.

AgentSmith posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 11:11 PM

I have stuffit 7, went and got the 7.5 version. Now, after expanding, I can view the .jpg, but the quicktime mov still doesn't work. Comes up with an error message saying that it is not a file that Quicktime understands. All my other mov's work. Weird. I had also made sure my qucktime was up to date. Your online mov's work fine, lol...great work! (lol) Well done, very clean lines. AgentSmith

CDunbar posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 11:52 PM

heya, sounds like you may have a bad download..... that the movie file was corrupted. Have had several hundred downloads on combined platforms - and yours is the only one that I have heard that couldn't be played - very weird. thanks for the note :-)) maybe another dl - will work for you.

AgentSmith posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 12:04 AM

I've downloaded the two .sits, 5 times each now. (gotta love cable modems) But, like you said, it's gotta be corrupted somehow.

Zhann posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 12:30 AM

15megs huh, guess I'll wait till it's on cd, dialup downloads are soooooooooo slooooooooooooowwwwwwwww....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

CDunbar posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 9:31 AM

I also have available - CD's with both movie files - as Mac CD's or 9660iso disks. For agencies and production houses, there are VHS and a soon to be released DVD. There is a link on my site for the request. Clark

CDunbar posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 9:38 AM

I will be posting on-line viewable versions this afternoon - check my animtion page for the link - these will be 17 meg files.

Aldaron posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 11:21 AM

Nice animations. Was that all done in Bryce? I ask because I'm curious how you got the grass to sway in the wind.

CDunbar posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 12:00 PM

the Grass was done in Electric Image Universe using a instancing plug in with a internal wind control - "PlacerDepost" from NorthernLights3D.com

Erlik posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 12:17 PM

AgentSmith, try placing the movie on the desktop and then just dropping it on the QT icon. Worked for me with LOTR 2 trailer, while I couldn't open it by double-clicking the movie.

-- erlik

AgentSmith posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:21 PM

Yeah, I had tried the drag and drop thing also, no deal.

CDunbar posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 5:05 PM

Just finished setting up the animations for online viewing. The links for each are on the top of the Animation Page (Second Line) on my site. They list the size within the link.