Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lighting questions (SnowSultan's Globall related)

SamTherapy opened this issue on Oct 26, 2002 ยท 12 posts

SamTherapy posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 10:25 AM

This creation by SS really inspired me, and now I've gone completely over the top and created a version with 4 of these things in - each with 18 (yep 18!) lights attached to them. My question regarding this is - Is there an easy way to turn down the intensity of the lights without having to edit each one manually? I looked at the lt2 file but I can't see which parameter (if any) I'd have to change to make the lights dimmer or brighter. If there is such a thing, I'll do a search and replace of the values, which has to be easier than editing 72 damn lights. :) Next question - Is there a way to set the initial parameters of lights as they are created? Clicking on the "Create Light" gadget seems to bring them in with random colours and positions. I'd like them to be fixed at white, max intensity and the same position every time. TIA.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

c1rcle posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 11:21 AM

the parameter you're looking for is intensity, 0.0 is off 1.0 is 100% intensity. I'm in the middle of writing a Python script to add lights in random places with a low intensity, so far I've managed to add them all in the same place with random colours not what I wanted but it's a start

SamTherapy posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 11:29 AM

Thanks for the advice, c1rcle. I just manually adjusted the 4 sets of 14, impatient person that I am. :) You saved me working on the 4 sets of 18, though. :D

My Store

My Gallery

c1rcle posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 11:36 AM

I just did a bit more digging & found this in the lt2 file kdIntensity INTENSITY { name GetStringRes(1028,22) initValue 1 #### This is the one you need to change hidden 0 forceLimits 0 min 0 max 100000 trackingScale 0.004 keys

SamTherapy posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 11:48 AM

Hmm, according to the ones I looked at, it's not that part, it's this one (arrowed below)... kdIntensity KdIntensity { name GetStringRes(1028,22) initValue 1 hidden 0 forceLimits 0 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.004 keys { static 0 k 0 0.25 <--That value } That's the only thing which has changed in the file from 100% intensity to 25% intensity. Anyhow, I'll try it and see if my computer explodes. :)

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 11:50 AM

Yep, it's the one I thought it was. Happy day! Thanks for your help, anyhow c1rcle.

My Store

My Gallery

c1rcle posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 11:50 AM

eek I just checked again & you're right, I must be drunk or something ;)

maclean posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 12:06 PM

I just did a quick test, Sam and this is the code you need. { version { number 4.01 } light LIGHT1 { storageOffset 0 0.3487 0 geomResource 7 lightType 0 name LIGHT1 on bend 1 dynamicsLock 1 hidden 0 addToMenu 1 castsShadow 1 includeInDepthCue 0 parent UNIVERSE channels { kdIntensity INTENSITY { name GetStringRes(1028,22) initValue 1 hidden 0 forceLimits 0 min 0 max 100000 trackingScale 0.004 keys { static 0 k 0 0.25 } interpStyleLocked 0 } } } } If you save that with an .lt2 extension and put it into your Lights folder, it will set the intensity to 25%. There are a few unnecessarry lines in it, but basically it'll work. If you want it to dim all 18 lights at once, you could duplicate the part for each light, renaming them from Light1 to 2,3, etc. and resave it. The relevant line is k 0 0.25 where 0,25 is 25% mac

SamTherapy posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 12:28 PM

Yep, did that maclean. I must've done it as you were typing. Thanks anyhow. Hey, I'm a light-crazy fool now. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Jaager posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:07 PM

The value in initValue is what it goes to if you hit Restore If you want to experiment, but 0.25 is where you want it to go by default, then making initValue = 0.25 could be a short cut to undoing the experiment. Actually, this might be all you need for a pose file = { version { number 4.01 } light LIGHT1 { channels { kdIntensity INTENSITY { keys { k 0 0.25 } } } } } The theory being, don't affect things you do not need to. In the previous one, if you had changed initValue to 0.25, and then used that pose file, it would abolish all your work and reset it to 1.0

SamTherapy posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:34 PM

Thanks, Jaager.

My Store

My Gallery

maclean posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 5:20 PM

Yep, Jaager. That's it. As I said, I did a quickie, but didn't cut out all the extraneous crap. mac