Forum: Writers

Subject: And the winner is ...

Crescent opened this issue on Oct 28, 2002 ยท 18 posts

Crescent posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 8:04 PM

Aaz with "Cold Blue"

The story will be published in issue #5.

I do have a bit of bad news: The honorable mentions need to be sorted out. One of the honorable mentions is misidentified and could be one of two stories. (The titles are very similar and the ID numbers weren't given.) I'm trying to get this sorted out as quickly as possible.

The moment I get the correct story for the honorable mentions, I'll get the information up and the honorable mentions put in the Library.

I apologize for the additional, unintended suspense!!!!!

Crescent posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 10:03 PM

Okay, here's the rest of the results, and a bonus to make up for the slight delay:

Because the voting was so close, and the stories so good, the judges awarded a 2nd place prize - being published on the bonus CD that comes with Renderosity Magazine!

2nd Prize:

Lynne - Iron Maiden

Honorable Mentions:

Frndofyaweh - A New Tribe for Gohand
jstro - The Dig
nube - The Test of Time
foleypro - Dremehks Revenge

Congratulations to everyone!

For those of you who didn't place, there was a lot of worthy competition and the judges were really torn in deciding which story to print. I can't wait to see the entries for the next contest.

SndCastie posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 11:10 PM

Congrats to all the winners and all who entered I bet the judges really had a hard time. :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

BellaMorte posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 11:21 PM

Contrats to the winners and Honourable mentions :)

firefly posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 11:50 PM

Yes, the judges did indeed have a very difficult time of it! I just have to say how wonderful all the stories were. I also want to give big KUDOs and Thanks to All of the entrants, you all helped to make this contest a success. I know how difficult it can be to make the decision to enter a contest whether it be with an image or a story. Both are pieces of you and therefore sometimes hard to offer up to others. The "bonus" wasn't really just to make up for the delay (for which I really appologize)... it was well deserved :)

cambert posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 4:59 AM

Congratualtions to all involved.

mysteri posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:19 AM

Congrats all. I'm looking forwarding to reading them all.

ChuckEvans posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 1:47 PM

Well, I for one am upset! (J/K) You mean we had all this talent running around and they don't "visit" the Writer Forum and leave a calling card? Shame on them! Message671414.jpg

Coleman posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 3:49 PM

Congrats Aaz and runners up. How many entries did you receive Cres?

frndofyaweh posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 6:42 PM

Thanks to all, who were involved in the contest. I had lot's of fun writing my story and appreciated the opportunity. The contest pic was awesome, but it wasn't an easy image to gleen inspiration from. not too worried about giving a part of myself to Renderosity. It's the HOTTEST site on the net! besides, it's I who have gained: confidence in my meager skills, ecouragement to continue on and a bit of notariaty. keep on keepin on.

jstro posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 7:59 PM

Congrats to Aaz. Can't wait to read it. And congrats to Lynn. It's nice to get an HM. Thanks. Hope you have more of these contests.

jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

mysteri posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 12:36 PM

I read through all the honorable mentions last night. It was interesting to see how everyone handled those elements of the pic that we all noticed and wrestled with. The piece by frndofyaweh had a lot of interesting parallels with my own. Thanks for the reading material.

Lynne posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 1:47 PM

just found out I got 2nd place...I'm stunned! I've always loved writing stories and secretly admit that I once wrote a novel (that was never published). That took 5 years to complete. Surprised I made the deadline on this one! Can't wait to read over all the entries...and apoligize for never poking my head into the writers forum. Time is limited and usually just run through the galleries for a quick look. I'll will stop by!

tresamie posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 10:08 PM

LOL, the one i never finished had the protagonist as Jeanne D'Arc...the helmet, an artifact of the future and the voices were AI computers. Oh well... maybe I will finish it in another life! Tres

Fractals will always amaze me!

Lynne posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 6:29 AM

Is the "Library" really open? All I get is a picture with text but cannot select anything on it... am I missing something?

dialyn posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 6:44 AM

Attached Link: Contest winners (look under Prose for Renderosity Cover)

You have to move the mouse around the graphic of the books until the hyperlink appears. It is usually upper left, upper center, or upper right. I've added the link for the contest winners to this message to help you out.

tresamie posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 10:39 AM

The hyperlink is attached to the book pictures, and was not converted to be attached to the text box. I hope when Crescent gets back she will fix that. Just make sure that your cursor is outside the text and still on the books on the shelves and you will find the link. Tres

Fractals will always amaze me!

aazaricantharess posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 2:30 PM

Attached Link: I feel faint! LOL

I must say I almost fainted when I got the email telling me I won. LOL I honestly didn't expect to. I will be simply impossible at work tonight. *snicker* Congrats to all the others who were winners! I had a great time writing that sotry and it's very rewarding to know that others enjoy it as much. :-)