Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PSP lists and Poser artists....you might want to read this

Poppi opened this issue on Nov 03, 2002 ยท 59 posts

Poppi posted Sun, 03 November 2002 at 7:02 PM

Attached Link: http://mysticfantasies.com/

well, a few years back, before i came to r'osity, i did the "themes" for a couple of aol graphics lists. we made little "tags", basically by cutting up, "tubing" other people's work. we also freely shared photoshop filters. don't hate me....i did not even know what warez back then. i had bryce, and poser 1, but did not share my pics with my lists. then, i got poser 4, found this place, started a business that was not home based, and, my lists were history. i mean, be real...upon becoming aware that there were real cg artists out and about....the ones we list folks tubed to make our tags...dangitall...i aspired for more than swapping mary englebreit tubes and oohing and aahing over all of the gadzillion tags posted by homemakers with nothing better to do than to play in psp all day. i aspired. and, i did learn. even modelling, though i have miles to go on that. i also aspired to make the hot 20 and, did a time or two. the 20 still interests me. well, tonight, i went through and viewed the 20. i noticed that one artist, in particular, had no less than SEVEN PICTURES there. and, it was a name that was new to me. i followed her links to her site...and, YES....she is a list leader of a psp group. i think, since she has only been posting here since september, she just has her list buddies vote her in....really not fair to the rest of us, who have to impress THIS community in order to get hits and comments. it gets worse...i followed a couple of links at her site. i am sure that i recognize some of the artwork by other poser artists in some of the thumbs. it's worth a heads up, to see if your copywritten work is being used, anyway. so here's the link. some of you may not agree with me on this issue of "list buddies" voting on the 20. and, i am reasonably certain that the ptb on this site will move this to the darkest regions of the ot forum. but, that first picture on the site, the sloe-eyed girl, i recognized. and, a couple of others on the next link i clicked on.