Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: *** POSER FILE TYPES *** Poser 3,4 ..... updated ......

geep opened this issue on Nov 06, 2002 ยท 11 posts

geep posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 10:16 PM

This an update to a chart I did a couple of years ago that has some additional information. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

wtsmith posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 10:26 PM

Hey neat chart thanks

Taren421 posted Wed, 06 November 2002 at 11:06 PM

dude, your chart rocks! Now I don't have to sit & figure this out everytime.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3 on Win10 x64 w/Reality.
Poser Display Units = inches.

Philodox posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 6:51 AM

Man, why couldn't somebody have made one of these back when I first got into Poser?:)

RaVan posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 10:30 AM

Thanks Doc, This is a great resource. Ryan

dpoosch posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 10:32 AM

Thanks....your last chart never said where to put PZ3 files so for a long time I never downloaded them cuz couldn't figure out where to put them. But you first chart was a life saver when I first started. All of you stuff has been the most comprehendable for me. Keep up the good work..it is priceless.

geep posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 1:31 PM

You can put them anywhere on your HDD that you want. Just don't forget where you put them. ;=] I usually create a separate folder in my "Poser" folder. (the top most folder shown on the chart) Then I put my *.pz3 files in the appropriate folder. I have separate folders for my tutorials, such as: . Animations . RealWorld Scale . Light Experiments . Special Scenes . Prop setups . New Characters (WIP) When you do this ... [menu] "File" ---> "Open" ---> "MyPoserFile.pz3" it is the same as loading: . a specific character(s) with all parameters . with a specific pose(s) with all parameters . a specific prop(s) with all parameters . a set of lights with all parameters . a set of cameras with all parameters (from your libraries) other things that also get loaded ... . special texture, bump, and reflection maps . all object colors ... and you can do ALL this with just a couple of clicks. When I am working on a new project, I will always save a *.pz3 file just in case I have forgotten to save something to one of the libraries, e.g., figure, pose, face, light set, camera settings, etc. Saving a *.pz3 file has saved me many, many times when I haven't saved something to one of the libraries yet. Find out what method works best for you and then use it. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

RaVan posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 2:54 PM

Attached Link: http://arcana.daz3d.com/daztech

There's a new resource for help that I'm compiling. Charts like this, error fixes, and general workarounds will be included. New Database url is: http://arcana.daz3d.com/daztech or select "Support" from the DAZ Home page. (Search engine is limited, but works. Will expand the ability to search when the database is large enough to need it) Tutorials and such will continue to go into http://arcana.daz3d.com Submissions and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks Geep! Ryan tech@daz3d.com

geep posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 3:01 PM

Ryan, It's my pleasure. Thank you for giving it a permanent url. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

xoconostle posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 4:43 PM

Ryan, your work is going to be a great resource. A lot of the questions I see asked repeatedly in this forum will be addressed by the Arcana additions. Great stuff! Would the Arcana team appreciate customer-written tutorials on help with DAZ products? I had begun writing one for understanding and use of the Dragon Folk, after seeing some confusion here. I didn't finish becuase "the moment had passed," but I'd be happy to get back to it when I can find some time, if you folks think that might be helpful. Not to criticize, I love your company's products, but sometimes the ReadMe's are a bit spare for "newbies." I'm not sure if you'd prefer to handle DAZ-specific issues "in house," or if you might accept help from your customer base.

RaVan posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 10:16 PM

xoconostle, Absolutely Yes. Getting better documentation is my main goal right now. (mostly becasu I'm lazy, I figure I'll get less email this way :) ) Email them over to tech@daz3d.com My inbox is pretty full right now, but I promise to keep my eye out for anything for Arcana. Ryan