Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Coming Soon from Platypus3d

Moebius87 opened this issue on Nov 12, 2002 ยท 34 posts

Moebius87 posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 9:33 AM

We are currently in the final stages of production for Pack C of the Decotech Modular Props. The image above shows a series of reversible columns which can be embedded into the walls (included in Pack A & B) of the set. Please let us know what you think. :o) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Platypus3d is chemicalbrother and Moebius87

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Moebius87 posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 9:35 AM

Image above shows part of the ladder system we are introducing to expand the existing packs. Inset images are details of these reversible addon's. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Platypus3d is chemicalbrother and Moebius87

Mind Over Matter

Moebius87 posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 9:38 AM

One last sneak preview image... These are a few of the reversible addon's that we will be including with Pack C of Decotech. Please let us know what you think. Thanks! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Platypus3d is chemicalbrother and Moebius87

Mind Over Matter

swfreeman posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 11:15 AM

(^_^)/ L33T! a hangar for my landmates looks pretty cool

nikitacreed posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 12:18 PM

This looks fantastic! Are they all coming in one set or will they have to be purchased seperately?

swfreeman posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 12:21 PM

we need heavy hydraulic powered blast doors too

Moebius87 posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 12:40 PM

Hiya nikitacreed - My apologies, I should have been more specific... all items shown above constitute approximately 30% to 35% of the total contents of Pack C. Will post a few more images in this thread later on. This pack is really dedicated to changes in level, so the main modular items are ladders, lifts, steps and staircases. Sorry, swfreeman - blast doors, airlocks, hatches, berths, bunks, cryo-chambers are all scheduled for Pack D. I'm afraid we will be unable to supply required items at this time. :o( Pack D will also contain a wide assortment of operable containers and cannisters, that fit into wall compartments. We are also developing special rooms. :o) All these corridors without any rooms just doesn't make too much sense. Thanks for the input! :o) - M

Mind Over Matter

nikitacreed posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:01 PM

Thanks muchly for clearing that up for me M! ;o)

swfreeman posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:07 PM

:-) i want a huge aliens type hangar :) like the one on board of the sulaco

beyondMyth posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:36 PM

wow! looking cool!! ..as always.. :) peace //Benny.

//Benny.

Guillermo posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 2:14 PM

Oh yeah M! You did it again! ;-)

queri posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 2:40 PM

Any intrusive duct work? The grungy nearly retro terminals and monitor screens make me think so of Gilliam's Brazil. In the best possible way, of course. This is wonderful stuff. Emily

jaybutton posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 3:18 PM

Very, very cool. I have been interested in the Decotech stuff, haven't quite understood how the different peices fit together. Do you first buy the base set and then Prop Sets A-D are add on packs? Jay

Aery_Soul posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 3:35 PM

Looks really interesting!!!

www.aerysoul.com

FishNose posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 4:20 PM

Oh wow, that's looking good, M! As always! :] Fish

SydneyKeys posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 4:34 PM

You keep making them....I'll keep buying them.

movida posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 7:59 PM

I was hoping you'd surface g

ywaters posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 9:35 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Who=ywaters

Very scientific! Excellently done!

judith posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 11:42 PM

Awesome work Moe!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

MadYuri posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 4:52 AM

I'm getting mighty tempted...

Moebius87 posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 6:02 AM

Thanks very much, everyone! :o) Chem and I are really doing our best (and having fun) churning out this stuff. Glad you guys like it so far. Much more to come! queri - good call on "Brazil"... not many people would've picked up on the grungy "near-tech" look we were shooting for on this. It's kinda high-tech, but you know that it breaks down a lot. Some pipes and duct runs are already included in Pack A&B, but we haven't released the ducts which double as crawlspace yet. We are also going to be including cable and wiring runs that hang down a bit. jaybutton - Pack A&B is the base pack, which includes the primary surfaces (floors, walls, ceilings), which are all created in a grid-like module that plug in to each other. There are two styles of wall panels in this kit, which have six variants you can play around with. Pack C expands the modular functionality of A&B, by going vertical - the main feature of Pack C is level change. Decotech will now be able to go up and down with lifts, ladders, steps and staircase. :o) All the reversible add-ons and doodads just get stuck into any primary surface any which way you like. SydneyKeys - Got your request on the terminal done, but we will do a couple more variants with a slight anime style to really make the pack meaty for you. :o) ywaters - We do take our anthropometrics seriously - we just don't take ourselves too seriously. :oP All items modeled are in accordance with present day NFPA clearance requirements, steps and ladder rungs follow AIA standards to ensure a more realistic environment for Poser figures. P.S. We are also working on a series of new textures that will give your existing Decotech models a brand new paint job. Cheers! - M

Mind Over Matter

RonGC posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 10:54 AM

Yeah i saw the first packs in the Marketplace. Now that i know there your work Moe i'm gonna buy them. One question what are the commercial render restrictions on these if any? PS .the full pack is this the base pack or a compilation of A and B? I know that was a second question LOL Thanks Ron cartier

Moebius87 posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 12:18 PM

Hiya Ron, Render restrictions? What render restrictions? :oP Let me talk it over with my partner, chemicalbrother, but I do not think that using a purchased set that helps you get your work done (commercial or otherwise) should be restricted. I guess if you are building a video game or creating a movie that would be an entirely different story. We poor starving artists would certainly want a little piece of that pie. :o) You know what they say, "credit is good, but we prefer cash". I will have to give you a more definite answer on restrictions (if any) after consulting with the boss, chemicalbrother. The Full Pack is a compilation of both packs A&B... which together form the base pack. We decided to split the Full Pack into the two half packs and offer them separately - just in case people didn't want the whole thing, or didn't feel like spending hard earned money on just a bunch of props. Thank you very much for your support! :o) - M

Mind Over Matter

RonGC posted Wed, 13 November 2002 at 12:48 PM

Thanks for the Info Moe. I did purchase the Full pack and i must say it is sweet. Excellelent work from both of you guys :-) Looking forward to the next packs!!! Ron Cartier

ywaters posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 1:09 AM

That is wonderful! I think you both work really well together! Thanx for sharing and keep up the good work!

ElorOnceDark posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 10:33 AM

Wow, this really looks great! There's a lot of detail packed into these pieces.

RonGC posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 11:20 AM

Ive been using these props to create rooms as well as corridors. Some of the roof panels make great wall panels too :-) Heres a quick render to show a room setup. Very versatile prop set.

RonGC posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 11:24 AM

One thing i would like to see is some alternate texture sets developed as an add-on for the sets, Some newer looking metals, etc, In this way you could have spaceship interiors or ruined interiors etc.

Moebius87 posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 11:57 AM

You got it, Ron. Already in the works. :o) I've already completed some of the images for the "massacre" texture pack, but we're trying to make even the uv's modular to keep the packs manageable in size. I'm also planning something a bit more Geigeresque, and something slightly like Tipoca City on Camino. We're trying to squeeze several textures into another pack. Didn't think about a newer metal series... thanks for the suggestion. :o) Cheers! - M

Mind Over Matter

Moebius87 posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 1:25 PM

I have no idea what this is... but it could be a high-tech retro style arcade game... complete with coin slot. That's the beauty of sci-fi... I don't have to know what it is I'm modeling... I guess I can leave it up to you guys to find uses for it. LOL! - M

Mind Over Matter

judith posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 1:41 PM

Hey that's cool!! I may have to start looking at doing some sci-fi renders ;-)

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

Ajax posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 3:10 PM

These sets look fabulous, Moe. Very cool indeed.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

RonGC posted Thu, 14 November 2002 at 4:21 PM

Very cool Moe. Pack 3 is a must have :-)

CryptoPooka posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 5:20 PM

screech Hurry up! LOL. Oh yeah, I NEED this set.