Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Where is the shadow?

Ghostlake114 opened this issue on Nov 21, 2002 ยท 10 posts

Ghostlake114 posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 6:50 AM

I render my scene,all the light and figure has been checked "cast shadow",but u can see,where is my shadow.

Ghostlake114 posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 6:54 AM

This image is rendered from poser and i never use Photoshop or smth similar to edit it.So,don't think that i trick u

Tunames posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 6:57 AM

Do you have any ambiant light on the floor? that would wipe out any shadows.

aleks posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 7:27 AM

p4 or p5? make sure to check "cast shadows" in p5 render settings.

Ghostlake114 posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 7:30 AM

What does the ambient light on the floor mean? All the model has ambient color,

Kelderek posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 7:36 AM

Did you put the lava texture directly on the ground plane? The ground plane sometimes has a problem catching shadows, try to make the "floor" from a prop, e.g. a flattened out cube.

atthisstage posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 11:12 AM

I guess another question is, is this an imported background pict made in something like Bryce? If so, you won't have shadows because there's nothing for the shadow to cast on.

Mason posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 11:33 AM

If you have floor geometry in poser make sure its cast shadow check box is OFF. P4 uses light maps. Basically if the floor casts a shadow that encompasses all other shadows then all other shadows won't show.

JFStan posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:06 PM

Hey Mason! You solved a problem I've been having for a while.. It never occured to me to turn off shadows for the ground plane (or object acting as such). Thanks! -=JFStan=-

enax posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 4:54 PM

Deactivate cast shadows, before you put any light, for all the objects bigger that a Poser figure, terrains walls, floor .... activate it before final render.