Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio

danfarr opened this issue on Nov 22, 2002 ยท 255 posts

danfarr posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 8:16 PM

Just thought you may like to see what vapor looks like. There have been several posts recently discussing some of the wish list ideas that people would like to see for the new DAZ Mystery App DAZ Studio. We are definitely trying to gather all of the ideas possible. A few posts previously there was a discussion of Open GL. The image that I am showing you is a screenshot of the working windows along with a very early interface (it is far from finished so please dont expect this to be the way it will look later on). The images in the windows are not renders but are shown in the display mode. You will notice that the display mode provides transparency mapping and anti-aliasing. There is still some additional open GL display functionality that we have not yet hooked up. The model in the windows is Victoria 3 with one of her optional character morphs (Anna Marie Goddard) which will be released sometime after Victoria 3.

DAZ Studio is designed to work with many different applications. It will utilize Open G.L. technology, and have many of the technologies seen in some of the leading 3D applications. It will run on the PC and the Mac (0sx) and hopefully some versions of Linux. It will be able to read several different 3D file formats including the files which we already distribute. We are still very early in development and have a long way to go. We want to be careful not to develop any unrealistic expectations but our goal of this application is to help grow this market in which we all live. I hope that as we start to release more information about the application you will know what the product is and what it is not. In the words of the great philosopher Popeye, I am what I am and thats all that I amsk.

Dan Farr
President, DAZ Productions

P.S. Victoria 3 is coming along nicely as well.