Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Prepared to get Flamed!

rudipooimf opened this issue on Nov 26, 2002 ยท 108 posts

rudipooimf posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 1:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pixelfader.com

Well i know i'm going to get some criticism for this one but here goes, as anyone else as uninspired as i am with regards to what they've seen at Renderosity lately. There have been a few good images in the gallery but it seems everyone is doing the same stuff. That pertains to marketplace and galleries etc. I see more light and face sets than I can shake a stick at and 99% of them are just mainpulations of the dials. Galleries are made up more and more of portraits rendered in poser with a shadowy lighting set-up and no real customization beyond whatever "bought" texture the person has gotten. Is this art? Or is it using someone elses work and showing it off? I also see an rediculous amount of advertising in the galleries for this and that product. Which is basicall the renderosity community feeding off each other. This is not to say that everything is that way, there are still the standbys' that continue to turn out amazing artwork and once in a while a peace in the marketplace worth buying but i've just been very uninterested lately....it'll pass i'm sure. No more bitching for me...lol