Forum: Vue

Subject: Render Blue (???)

ChuckEvans opened this issue on Dec 01, 2002 ยท 14 posts

ChuckEvans posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 6:20 PM

I rendered the left excerpt at the camera angle and distance I wanted for the scene. Close inspection seemed to indicate a blur on the rear wheels. So, I moved the camera close to the carriage and rendered again. I have cropped both renders to show the area in question. SO, does anyone have an idea why the "out-of-focus" occurs on the rear wheels when the camera is further back (the left pic)? Tks again for help.

sittingblue posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 8:00 PM

If I had to guess, I would say the blur is caused by an atmosphere setting.

That could be haze, fog, volume light, or volume atmosphere.

I would start by turning down the haze and fog first.

Charles

Charles

ChuckEvans posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 8:07 PM

Well, I'll try to change the setting...but the carriage is pretty close to the foreground...I thought the effects occured much further into the distance. (grin...I see now that I couldn't spell "Blur" correctly either!)

sittingblue posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 8:14 PM

I was also thinking it could be the render settings. You could try a higher quality render (broadcast or ultra).

Charles

Charles

ChuckEvans posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 8:22 PM

Haven't had a chance to look at atmos settings, but the render settings on the two images were the same...resolution of 120, 1024 x 768 and high user settings. Regardless, the settings were both the same. Also, another idle curiosity question...is 2 million polys a lot? This think takes a bit over an hour to render at the settings I listed above. And I still need to add a figure or two.

sittingblue posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 8:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12368&Form.ShowMessage=981681

MightyPete has written a post on polygon counts at the link.

I've had scenes with polygon counts up to 5 and 8 million without too much trouble. Interface slowdown is a sign that Vue is bogging down.

Charles

Charles

ChuckEvans posted Sun, 01 December 2002 at 9:33 PM

Well, changed settings in atmos to no fog and no haze. But to tell the truth, it looks like some other problem. I noticed this time that there seems to be a diagonal line where sharpness just stops. I've marked it with a line of green arrows. The "street" is a flattened cube (stretched). With the brick texture from the library. So, does anyone have any ideas?

wabe posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 1:26 AM

To your blur problem. Could it be, that you are using some focus effects? Probably not, this would have been too easy?! I came to this idea becaus focal effects are related to the distance the camera does have from the scene! To this white line. I think this is the gap between two tiles of the texture (something like a "pole"). Don't forget, your object has a specific size and the texture maybe another. So the texture has to be positioned onto the object several times. This happens in tiles. And if the borders of the texture are not so seemless as they should. Try it out with a texture file with different colours at each border. Then you can see what happens a lot easier. Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

ChuckEvans posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 1:53 AM

...try again tomorrow. (errr, today!)

gebe posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 4:37 AM

IMO render of the two images cannot be the same. I have zoomed in at 300% and everything!! in the first image is "blurred" (I would say not rendered at a high setting), not only the weels, but also the ground, the gate, the red seat, the shadows... EVERYTHING. I hour render time is not much. Sometimes we render 20-30 hours or more. :-)Guitta

gebe posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 4:41 AM

Chuck, have you tried these settings?

gebe posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 4:49 AM

Parts of your two images: not the same render

gebe posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 4:52 AM

Also make sure you have not changed anything here (except maybe the camera focal)

DMM posted Mon, 02 December 2002 at 4:58 PM

OK you're looking at a lot of things, this suggestion is probably more of a long shot but you never know... Are the errant renders saved as JPG images? Its possible that if you're looking at them as JPEG files then you could be seeing some loss of detail due to compression.